World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all :D
Came across an ABU Conolon Beach caster today for £111.00 ;)
wondered if that a good rod for the price rrp is £200. <_< anyone got or had one any info :)
cheers Jury

T

·
0 Posts
Is it the purple blank with green Fuji's ? if so, nice rods but £111 is way overpriced for a model that must be around 15/20 years old.

·
Registered
8,035 Posts
Just wish people wouldn't leave them in the back of sheds. I have 3 Abu/Abu Garcia rods, and they are used regularly as they are a pleasure to use. Can even cast into the East Yorks wind...

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
Just wish people wouldn't leave them in the back of sheds. I have 3 Abu/Abu Garcia rods, and they are used regularly as they are a pleasure to use. Can even cast into the East Yorks wind...
I don't think anglers know how good they are. A bit short and heavy by todays standards but a revelation when they first came out.

·
Registered
8,861 Posts
484 was the real daddy back then brought us kicking and screaming into the 21st century from mostly old broom handles it was something that could cast and show bites and still holds it's head high.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I'v had my 484 c ( the grey one ) for 35 years now & I just bought a mint original 484 ( wire rings & screw together ferrule's ) - I couldn't resist it for £15 !

1 - 16 of 16 Posts