has any one tried it .if so
whats it like

am i better off getting off getting a penn 525 gs

thanks in advance

rockhopper

B

·
0 Posts
If you are going to get an ABU choose the magelite rather than the sports mag!

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
hi gents, only a suggestion, but why dont u use the chat room, you can chat better in there.. save your fingers.. hee hee

·
Registered
282 Posts
rockhopper i,v been using sports mag for over a year now cant say a bad word about it very few birides and i get good distance even with the level wind on it. Lunker

·
One Life - Fish it!
5,009 Posts
OK chaps, this one seems to have got a bit out of hand so i've had a chop of some of the posts not on topic.

I think there was a little bit of confusion, I don't think this was been used as a chat, its just that everybody was online at once and thats why the post sounded like a chat. Sometimes this happens at busy times.

As Poacher says, try the chat room if you want a quick chat, somebody in there will try and help you too.

Carry on as you where people...

Mike Jr

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Hi Mike,

Thank you.

Cheers

Drew

·
One Life - Fish it!
5,009 Posts
Haven't used the sportsmag mate...but love the magelite, its the best reel in my armoury :)

So if the sports mag is the same, go for it. The one thing I would say is that you can protect the magelite better than the sports mag. The sports mag uses the side plate to twist to adjust the mags, where the magelite uses a sliding button on the side so you can protect most of the side plate edges with pvc tape to stop it getting scratched.

Have a loot at the organge premium magelite too, same as the magelite - but its in an orange sunset colour and has a sports handle (the drilled job).

The magelite is also a tad cheaper than the sports mag.

Mike Jr

B

·
0 Posts
I second your comments MikeJr.

I use the magelite and love it,indeed I was so impressed with it I bought myself another!
All the guys I know who have opted for the sports version say that they wished they hadn't.

·
Registered
568 Posts
The only gripe I have with Abu Mag reels (mag elite and sports) is that they do not have a line out alarm. Apart from that they are fantastic and a joy to use.

So if a line out alarm is required for your type of fishing then the penn (or a abu elite - non mag version with line out alarm) is a better choice.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I use a daiwa millionaire 7ht i like it the only thing i think seperates the 7ht and the mag elite are the mag casts smoother not measured one out with the mag yet and there are 2 sets of breaks on the mag elite i think the onre on the side is for when you want the spool too slow down in the cast.
They are both distance casting tools.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts