World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>hello
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Im looking for a beachcasting multiplier looking to spend upto £100 would anyone like to offer any advise.
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; THANKS HELPIMAFISH</font>

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
<font color='#000000'>forget abus
they rot even if u care for them well

takes a bit of setting up but get a penn 525 mag or gs

macky</font>

·
Registered
3 Posts
<font color='#000000'>I have several Abus, mainly 6500 Mag Elites and I would say that they are superb casting reels.
But they are best used for casting from piers or the beach on to clean or mixed ground. The finish is superb but they scratch on the rocks and they are best filled with 15-20lb line. Also they need a rinse under fresh water on your return home, this removes any residual salt water and is absolutely essential as the reel will rot otherwise.
I have some SL30SH&#39;s and SL20SH&#39;s for when the going gets tough.</font>

D

·
0 Posts
<font color='#000000'>The best multiplier I&#39;ve come across is the Daiwa 7HT. It&#39;s light, strong and will last forever if cared for. Not as heavy duty as the mags or Abu&#39;s so you might find the lacking over rough ground but excellent for general beach use. You can pick them up for £70-£80.</font>

·
Registered
568 Posts
<font color='#810541'>Thumbs up for the Penn mag 525 for versatility (just keep the mags full on until your casting is up to scratch)

Dear Santa/Other (better?) half, I have been very very good this year....</font>

·
Registered
3 Posts
<font color='#000000'>I have a 7HT which I use from time to time but the handle is smaller than the SLx0SH reels and the drag is lighter. It casts brilliantly but I would say that the ABU 6500 Mag Elite has the edge as you can back the mags off for wind conditions etc.
I do not have any Penn Mag reels but I would say that they are probably the best compromise for mag breaking, a big handle and a heavy drag. They seem to be able to go anywhere and do anything but they are less hardy than the SLx0SH&#39;s from what I have heard. The Diawa SLx0SH case seems to be stronger, dropping a Penn on Jersey granite tends to be a mortal wound but the SLx0SH walks away with only scratches.
I think that you probably need a few reels if you fish different ground regularly, a big hauler for the tough stuff and a speed king for clean ground and long casting.</font>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts