World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I won't give away any major details (it wouldn't be fair to Wilky for landing the first fish of the night - a schoolie - WOOOO! Gingabread Man for YOU, sir!), but...

According to phonecalls received from a WSF forum member named after an undisclosed location near to Bude, there are around 50 people fishing, with so many headlamps on the beach that it looks like Blackpool. All they need now is to start pulling dogs and it's a winner!

I assume (because I like being an ass, and so do some of you) that there will be a special prize for whoever caught the fish that sounds like it pulls faces, because according to my source, it's quite unusual. Not that I know. I pull faces all the time myself, and nobody's hooked me yet. Keeps me busy, though...

The rain seems to be holding off, and it's now a full moon, so it's gone somewhat quiet, but they must be settling in for the night, as nobody is leaving yet.

I know Mr Pix is doing the rounds (and with all the alcohol he's got, I think it must just be one big round), and the WSF forum member named after an undisclosed location near to Bude has been taking pictures, as, I'm sure, many others have.

So now I'm just waiting for them all to pack up, come home, and POST REPORTS!!! WOOOOO!

I am especially keen to know who wins the Shiny Cup donated by Cascars... :bounce: Mmmm... shiny...

Well done, all you who were able to get there, all you who would have LIKED to get there but couldn't, and all you who have bothered reading this! Big Clap (not the medical kind) for YOU!!! :clap3:

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
cant shed that much light except a conger won the biggest fish 5 lb someit ,
biggest bag was around 9 11 i think and the best specimen which i dont believe got a mention and could be completely wrong was a small eyed ray weighing 4 lb 8 oz caught by ME.. :help:
oh yeh and topnot took a 5 0z whopper of a bass should of seen the teeth on it

·
Cliff Dangler
2,576 Posts
Well I'll take the oportunity to thank everyone who donated prizes and helped in organising it cos it was a great night. The Gods were smiling on a well organised evening though as for all the minging weather of late.. last night was really quite pleasant and the surf was not far off being perfect imho. It's a shame the full moon came out which put the fish off the feed imo. Well done Pix and family we all had a cracking evening and a whole load of laughs!!!! Be great to hear how much money has been raised for a very worthy cause.

Good work and well done to the winners!!!!!

There were some fish caught and the ones I know of were... a couple of strap congers. The biggest fish being one at 5lb 6oz I think on rag?? Good work fella getting 2nd place on weight too.
Donkey Dawe had a ray which he more then deserved after the day he had. How heavy was it mate???

Offy had a.... yep... a blimmin hound. 3lb 4oz???

He's a hound magnet that bloke!!!! Nice Si nice!

Someone had a gurnard!!!

Wilky with the first fish... a schoolie!!

I was more then chuffed to have a couple of ray for 5lb 5oz.. my first since New Years day!!!!

Well done all. Be good to see what came out all round.

At the end Freestyler was running round the car park asking for assistance as he'd got his rod stuck somehow!!! Well you gotta help them as can't help themselves eh so the boys came to his aid with a quick pull twist...

Oh yeah guys we can't fault the beer delivery service to tripods on the night!!! That'll catch on you know. Well done to the lad for doing it. You're a star mate!!!

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
DonkeyDawe had a Ray?
I hope he was using Andy McRig when he got it, that would be bloody brilliant if he did.
The person who ended up with the Moonfleet gear needs to get in touch as soon as possible, there are a couple of things they need to know before they use some of it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AAAARGH! Why? Does it explode? Do bits fall off if you look at it funny? Do you have to bow to it before it'll let you touch it? Is it over-amorous, and therefore liable to get you arrested?

:ahhh:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The person who ended up with the Moonfleet gear needs to get in touch as soon as possible, there are a couple of things they need to know before they use some of it.
AAAARGH! Why? Does it explode? Do bits fall off if you look at it funny? Do you have to bow to it before it'll let you touch it? Is it over-amorous, and therefore liable to get you arrested?

:ahhh:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
At the end Freestyler was running round the car park asking for assistance as he'd got his rod stuck somehow!!! Well you gotta help them as can't help themselves eh so the boys came to his aid with a quick pull twist...
I gather you got your butt stuck, sir, and not for the first time I'll wager... But thankfully the lads were able to help, with what sounds like the same move that got me out of the mud, (although I'm assured that was a wiggle pull twist :wiggle:, and it wasn't quick either...).

But well done! I look forward to the pictures!!!

:wiggle:

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
well i enjoyed it,certainly had the 'busier' end of the beach.lundy,freestyler and topnot for working me so hard with the scales lol.:marinheir
anyone got a hangover this morning?:whistling
well done to all the prize winners,it wasnt the easiest nights fishing.
well done to pix for the organisation of it all.

as for freestylers rod,id been playing with his stiff one down on the beach for ten minutes and i needed assistance to finish it off.:roll1:

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
oh he lost it ok!im good phrunts.are you making the long journey down to deepest darkest devon then soon?:wiggle:

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
as for freestylers rod,id been playing with his stiff one down on the beach for ten minutes and i needed assistance to finish it off.:roll1:
2 sharp tugs from offy and capn morgan and it was all over:roll1:its all in the wrist apparently..

what a good night with great company..respect to all that helped make this meet a success.

unlucky freestyler.best fish was a conger! 5lb something is bigger than.4lb.8..thats not even worth winging..lol..you should of soaked it water for longer:marinheir

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
I gather you got your butt stuck, sir, and not for the first time I'll wager... But thankfully the lads were able to help, with what sounds like the same move that got me out of the mud, (although I'm assured that was a wiggle pull twist :wiggle:, and it wasn't quick either...).

But well done! I look forward to the pictures!!!

i was really glad of their help as i had been running around the car park aimlessly waving my rod and arms around asking for help trying to get my rod undone luckily the A team were there i reckon it only happened as it brought in that 4 lb 8 oz small eyed ray in also wanting to know from the officials who won best specimen last night

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Had a great time, despite blanking lol. Saw a few fish caught either side of us, the best catch had to be the 2 rod and reel combo's we found rolling around in the surf after a few too many beers had been consumed by some lol.
Well done Mr Pix and co on arranging a cracking meet, and hopefully raising a nice little sum for the charities!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Alright, Wilky? I'm surprised you're not still rolling around the beach, after all your happy juice last night (or so I hear...) :roll1:

And I shall be down in Devon as soon as I get off t'internet and pack and get in my little car and drive down. Putting it off as my back's bad at the moment, and I travel like a girl - not lightly... :bb:

Wilky - you working tomorrow? Cos me and Puffy are gonna go dangling. Guess where... Wanna join us? I owe you a Gingabred Man, but I need to see a pic of the schoolie or it doesn't count.

And I have a new bucket to use to offer sweeties to passersby with... It's orange. They didn't have any green. Rubbish. :huh:

FISHING!!! :fishing: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

·
Cliff Dangler
2,576 Posts
i reckon it only happened as it brought in that 4 lb 8 oz small eyed ray in also wanting to know from the officials who won best specimen last night
It wasn't a specimen comp as it said on the entry sheets... t'was biggest fish and Paul Morgan came close with the trout as he was underestimating it's size due to modesty. pmsl

Can't post pics as I'm up Devon for the week now and left lead at home. Have to wait til Pants gets here with laptop. Drive safety Y

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I should think the best specimens have now been released into the sea, after all that alcohol... :drunk:

:roll1:

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
No!!... they should be stored in non see through bags not clear plastic to avoid you being mugged for your rigs!!:whistling

Gurnard...finally got it!!:roll1:
how big was the gurnard i heard one was caught

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
very enjoyable evening,night,morning,if mart hadn't been on a promise when he got home :hug: we would have fished on later,well organized,good to meet up with the usual celebrities, i think wilky was out drunk by Laurel & hardy :drunk:next to Leigh ,i dont think he has yet to leave all his gear to the tide :nerd: so not to upset the locals we did agree not to actualy catch anything , well done to the cup winners :1a:.me thinks this could be a regular event now mr pix & crew no how to arrange things for a worthy cause.:clap3::clap3::clap3:

1 - 20 of 76 Posts