World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was planning an early morning sunrise bass trip somewhere, but after getting carried away pigeon shooting yesterday I ran out of time to dig some wums, then thinking oh well a day in the garden it is! I thought, no mike don’t let the fact you have no bait stop you from fishing!! So I grabbed the bag of lures and set off for shotley marina (river side of the gate) as I pulled up I saw two people fishing from the back of the car reel in a small bass 35cm ish I thought... ok this might not be as stupid an idea as I thought! I then say the bloke bash the bass against the wall then chuck it in his bag, right in front of a family with kids.
I parked up and had a Peruse of the collection deciding on a red head j 13 that I’ve caught lots on this year.............. Turns out it didn't matter They weren't interested in anything I could chuck at them, water clarity was 2-3m so not bad at all for Suffolk, then I hit the mother load!!

Glancing down at the floor I saw a bent out 3/0 hook and what was attached to it........... that’s right a shrivelled up 2 inch long rag!! I though yep that’s going in the box, then sitting on the wall right near the ferry pontoon I rigged up a float set up and small size 4 hook, and thought let’s see if I can save a blank......... 6 basslets later and one wrasse (that fell off between the water and my net) the worm had had enough and finally fell off ! The biggest bass was 32cm but most were 20cm and the wrasse was around 20cm I was a bit gutted as I’d never caught one before but never mind I’ll take some maddies down and try again!
Apart from being pestered by morbidly obese kids it was a pretty enjoyable hour or two! And I think if I’d actually make an effort and use real bait there’s potential for a good session on bass!
156FAE64-2633-4D42-847D-68D30CAFBA3A.jpeg

0D74602F-0A54-4478-9125-54422B99CA49.jpeg

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Can't beat a bit of adaptation when things aren't going to plan, well done Mike. 6 Bass and half a Wrasse on a secondhand ragworm, deserves an entry in the Guinness book of records. :thumbsup:

While the killer of undersize Bass, deserves an entry in a cell and the key to be mislaid for a few days. :mad:

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can't beat a bit of adaptation when things aren't going to plan, well done Mike. 6 Bass and half a Wrasse on a secondhand ragworm, deserves an entry in the Guinness book of records. :thumbsup:

While the killer of undersize Bass, deserves an entry in a cell and the key to be mislaid for a few days. :mad:
I’m beginning to think that ragworm jerky could be the next big thing??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts