World Sea Fishing Forums banner

Addy Report - Friday Night

593 views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  creedy 
#1 ·
Hi All

Took the kids to the Addy last night for a bit of a fun session and to try and break the poor run I have had latley:fishing1:

Arrived around 7pm with plenty of feather chuckers about and loads of Mackies being caught...

The kids had a quick session with the feathers and were quickly rewarded with a dozen, so with fresh bait we set up behind the cruise terminal..:fishing:

Loaded with a mixture of baits we was quickly catching Doggies and Pouts much to my daughters delight. After a while a set about trying to catch another Smut and was rewarded with a 6lb Starry...

Not a monster but my first Starry and PB for the Addy!!

After that it was back to the Doggies and Pouts so called it a day at 1:30, after meeting Creedy going out for a session of Bass fishing...

Good fun night and no problems with the feather chuckers:bounce::bounce:

See less See more
#3 ·
cool well done. i have yet to go on the 2nd half only been on the pier 3 times. may i ask how far you need to cast out for smoothies etc, and what bait did you find best.
Hi Mate,, I'm not a big caster so would say anything thing from around 80yds will do.... Had most success with peeler crab "frozen velvet last night", although they do come up on Rag if they get to it before the Pouts!!

G
#7 ·
why they called starrys and can you eat them?
the name starry is a mix,the latin name"mustelus astralis" astral being related to the sky/stars along those lines anyway,and the little white spots appear to look like stars,anyone know where I left my ANORAK!
Yes they can be eaten,but advise is if you must take one for the pot please make it a smaller male fish.
:crazy::wheelchai

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.