World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
picked it up to day THAMES ESTUARY SOUTHERN PART 1607,,,,,,25 smackers god they cost some,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,IF I EVER GET OUT ,,,,,LOL ,,,,,never realized they can be so big ive had smaller, still if i dont get out, i can allways use it as wall paper , ill photo copy sections and laminate them . TIGHT LINES

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
starbucks ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i won t be going ther again alan ,funny enough when i first enquired they said 20 so i did mention after gettin it blimey gone up a fiver in 2 weeks won t go there again ,,,,,,oh no TIGHT LINES

G

·
I bought the same chart (1607) in Ramsgate on saturday afternoon (due to the fact that I cannot find my old one anywhere.

It was £15......

Does anyone know what the historic wreck is that is marked on it?

Only asking as the other half asked me and I either can't remember or don't know :unsure:

Malcolm.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Like It Terry,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i Can T Afford Ther Coffee, Blimey Ive Been Ripped Off By Them ,malcolm,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,even Dick Turpin Had The Decency To Wear A Mask

G

·
Thornbackflounder

You were well and truly had mate.

Even here at the most expensive chandlery (I thought it was) they are just £15.95!

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hook line and sinker,,,,,,,,,,,,,as they say,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,they hav ent got a web site.................id complain,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i might pop in,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the fella a grumpy old sod,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ther paratt has more charm

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
I (as an argumentative and irascible old git) would go back to where you bought it, ask to se the manager, and then insist on a refund of the excess charge. Do this at their busiest time in a loud voice.
Take some proof of pricing like a copy of the Admiralty Charts prices on their mail order page. If that fails picket his shop on a Saturday morning after telling the local paper you will be there. I assure you this method has worked for me many many times.

Another point which may get some folk excited is where I buy my FISHING charts. E-BAY!! Yes they are out of date and no use to do pure navigation on, but at about £7 inc of P&P a pop they do me. Most UK areas come up regularly.

Afishionado

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Thornbackflounder.
Dunno if it will help you mate, but i can post you a copy of Garmin Atlantic Bluecharts on CD if ya want, it ain't "Admiralty" charts i know (i haven't seen admiralty charts anyway) but they look pretty good to me, show all the features and stuff and best of all you can print the map area that's showing on your PC screen, which is what i do, then laminate em'

I'll attatch an image here so you can see an example.

Pop me a PM mate with yer addy if ya want to do that.

AL ..

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Al

Great for looking at wrecks and reefs, but not realy suitable for actual navigation.
I use my gps and laptop plotter for the navigation Tom.
I can't do "REAL" navigation, so having charts for that ain't no benefit to me mate :)

AL ..

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Hiya, Its a great bit of kit, in some respects better than the C-Maps PC software, but unlike the C-Maps, you cant use a GPS module with it ,and convert yer Laptop into a plotter...:)
If you have a Garmin GPS and buy the region unlock codes, you can use it on the laptop, me, i'm to tight/skint :)

AL ..

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
many thanks for your kind offer ,there are some cracking people on here ,and a disc is on its way to me in the post as we talk,,,,so many thanks again for kind offers.................think i night vistit the shop wkend,i won t let it go im quite out spoken ,,,,,,,,,,,,,and ive been taken by at least a tenner

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
many thanks for your kind offer ,there are some cracking people on here ,and a disc is on its way to me in the post as we talk,,,,so many thanks again for kind offers.................think i night vistit the shop wkend,i won t let it go im quite out spoken ,,,,,,,,,,,,,and ive been taken by at least a tenner
I was only trying to be as nice as people have been to me on here mate :)
Good karma and all that lol.

Hope ya get out on that boat real soon mate.

AL ..

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
nice one AL ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,YEH WEATHER GOT TO KICK OFF SOON,,,,,,,,AND HOPE FOR THE OLE LADY TO PASS HER DRIVING TEST,,,,,TIGHT LINES

1 - 20 of 22 Posts