World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
arrived dover around 8 was fishing by half past , sea was fairly calm weather overcast, bait lug and rag , 3 of us fished , catchin dab s pouting whiting codling and dogfish, the whiting and codling were caught whilst the tide was moving at its strongest , my mate couldnt hold out so literraly dropped his lead a few metres out from the wall thats where the biggest fish of the day (whiting & codling) were caught.

we fished sbout halfway between the pay in office and the turret.

their were plenty of other people fishing (lots o foreigners) their were loads of dogfish being caught. no mackerel although their were plenty of people thrashing feathers around!

(cheers for help beefcake , all that missed sleep and only whiting , ouch!)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hello beeefcake the codling was only about a pound and was caught literraly at our feet it actually snagged my mate up at the bottom of the pier but after 5 minutes he managed to get it free, i was real suprised he got it so close! where u off diving ?my mate used to dive brighton and weymouth regular. he used to spear big brill/turbot they were massive ugly buggers, he has been posted out to cyprus now lucky fucker! good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts