World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A beautiful afternoon had me hot-footing it down to the Admiralty Pier chasing a 6:30pm high tide - timed for perfection after a hard day's work and only catching the tail-end of my fellow feather-bashers.

Straight into a few decent sized mackerel - landing a 1lb whopper at one stage along with three others approaching a pound.

Just before the sun went down I saw a large shoal of mackerel riding in towards the wall on the wave of a passing boat. Didn't seem to connect with many as they were here, there and everywhere as you'd expect really.

As dusk came and everyone had packed up the feathers, I took to gutting my 15 mackerel, throwing the guts over the wall, hoping to lay the ground for the bass as I whacked out a searching 3-hook mackerel flapper for starters. Straight into a decent take and a strike and a lift later saw me landing my third ever scad (horse mackerel).

Banged it out again and wham - same again - straight into a great bite on the flapper with three scad this time! It was like feathering for scad by flapper! :wiggle:

Sadly, I couldn't stay much longer than that as I had to clean my catch, drive home and feed the belly. All in all a fun evening and a great dinner. Complete with home-made Elderflower champagne. Perhaps Summer has arrived after all :secret: :)

·
Registered
543 Posts
good report fella

1 - 5 of 5 Posts