World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was fishing samphire hoe during the day and decided to have a go for an evening session on the admarltypier in Dover had to pay £7 for parking for more than 4hours as I was going in they had a sign up saying £6 per rod yes u read that right £6 pound per rod so I decided to return to my car and drop off 10 of my rods and took 1 rod when I went to pay the guy I told him that u r going to kill pier fishing by charging so much money he said it's not my fault i said I know but pass the message on so .anyway got on there and it stank off **** stayed 2 hours and went home with 1 extremely expensive pouting so fellow sea fishermen and women you have been warned

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
To be honest mate, it doesn't sound like a rip off to me.

Park anywhere for more than four hours and it's going to cost you a few bob.

As for £6 a rod, well try going to any freshwater venue on a day ticket for that.

There's loads of free fishing on beaches :)

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
sorry bud but gotta disagree with you!! ive fished there many times and yeah the car parking is expensive if your on your own but it cost me £20 quid in brighton for 4 hrs so not really excessive is it? and the car park price i beleive is set by the council or the harbour not dover angling???

as for £6 a rod like above go on a stillwater and fish for 6 quid a rod i regurlarly pay over double that and plenty of carp waters are many times more!!
and like it says on there its £6 a rod but you can take as many as you want i quite often have 2 or 3 rods set up 1 with feathers 1 with a livebait rig and 1 for bait but (i might be wrong here lol) as far as im concerned if only 1 is in the water im only fishing with 1 rod ....and even though you only stayed 2hrs that is still only £3 an hour

as for the smell of urine ...im sure they will listen to any of your suggestions on how to tackle the problem as it is there is a toilet halfway along and its says on your ticket if you need the toilet you must use this!!

as far as im concerned the price charged is very reasonable for access to deep water (21meters at low water!!) and the chance to hook a fish of a lifetime!

im not even a member of DAA but after reading what ive just wrote i think ile join it sounds great lol

·
The cheeky Essex lure fisher
13,191 Posts
least with paying six qiud to get on the addy..they have cleaners now its just a shame there are so many fluff chuckers

G

·
goes without saying,
you get what you pay for,
now if you asked a local things could have put a smile on your face,
ok parking is one issue,
fishing can make the difference,
next time you go you have to do this,
KEEP STUMM ON THE RODS,
PARK IN THE PUB CARPARK, AND GRAB A COKE ON YOUR WAY OUT, {JUST BE OBLIGING}
**** ON THE FORIEGNERS LEG, IM SURE HE WILL NOD HIS HEAD AND SAY OUI OUI YA,
LESSON LEARNT LOL

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
i hate to say it but its our euro-cousins paying their £6 or £7 each per day to fish during the summer who prob keep the addy open, coz the place is pretty much deserted during the autum/winter. just ask anyone who fishes it during the winter. as for the parking, high price? yes but at least there is a regular carpark patrol. worth the 7 or 8 quid in my book. and i always fish 2 rods but only ever pay for one. as for the place stinking of pi55, what do you expect??? i fished the addy during the summer a couple of years ago and vowed then to only fish it during the winter, it dont stink of pi55 then only fish.lol

·
Registered
209 Posts
Nicely put lukey!! there was a similar post on s/e forum that person also come from berkshire so i expect they were mates. my reply to that was similar to yours. the gentlemen concerned obviously never gone to a footie match and paid £40+ for 1.5hrs of dirge!! £6 to fish on the premier cod spot in the s/e all day is good value for money and without the thousands of quid paid by the fluff chuckers us serious cod anglers wud loose this little mecca!!

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
If you expected to fish 11 rods for the price of one ticket and take up a lot of wall doing it the price changes were probably made to deal with people like you!:doh:

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
11 rods! is that normal, im new to sea fishing so ive never come across saturation fishing, that would cost you £162.00 in license's on freshwater.just wondered, who looks after the other 10 when your playing a fish?, im not trying to be a wise guy, im genuinely interested in how you can fish 10 rods, how many do you put out at one time? :confused:

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
11 rods! is that normal, im new to sea fishing so ive never come across saturation fishing, that would cost you £162.00 in license's on freshwater.just wondered, who looks after the other 10 when your playing a fish?, im not trying to be a wise guy, im genuinely interested in how you can fish 10 rods, how many do you put out at one time? :confused:
Two rods is the norm , perhaps three. There is an old saying that if the fish are feeding two rods is one too many and if the fish are not feeding one rod is one too many !:fishing:

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Two rods is the norm , perhaps three. There is an old saying that if the fish are feeding two rods is one too many and if the fish are not feeding one rod is one too many !:fishing:
ah, thanks Sniggle, I was starting to think maybe in stead of fishing that many rods it might be easier to but a boat and net! if the fishings really full on it must be like the old variety act with the bloke with the plates spinning on poles...

·
Registered
21,537 Posts
:fishing1: That's rather a profound statement from a sea angler, are you sure you weren't a maggot drowner in a previous life? :fishing1:

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
:fishing1: That's rather a profound statement from a sea angler, are you sure you weren't a maggot drowner in a previous life? :fishing1:
Of coarse :))), 40 miles from the sea is too much for lil` legs in short trousers on a pushbike!:bicycle:

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
ah, thanks Sniggle, I was starting to think maybe in stead of fishing that many rods it might be easier to but a boat and net! if the fishings really full on it must be like the old variety act with the bloke with the plates spinning on poles...

That about sums it up !
Fishing Frenzy!

·
Registered
778 Posts
You can not compare the cost of a day ticket on a freshwater lake/pond to fishing in the sea. Freshwater prices are charged because the land owner has to stock his/her water with fish for anglers to catch, also to make a living from. No one ever stocks the sea. I personally would never pay a penny to fish in the sea from any venue. I've never been to the place in question tho, but £6 per rod? I sometimes take 3 rods with me but only fish with 1 so would that be £18 to go on the pier?. I'd say it's just another way for the council to make a few quid.
As for parking, it cost money to park just about everywhere nowerdays!!!

·
Super Moderator
23,550 Posts
£6 a rod - bargain!!!

Many people have said it's the cod hot spot in their area so whay are people that are wiling to spend hundreds/thousands on their gear not willing to spend that little bit more to put them amongst the fish.

All the gear/no idea, cutting their nose off? I don't know but seems a no brainer to me. Admittedly at first it does seem a little expensive but with toilets and cleaners seems reasonable.

Same as people not spending money on bait, got the zzipy, got the 200yd cast, got the 'you should have been here yesterday' stories but aint got no fish that day cos their not willing to spend a little extra on top bait or fishing the best venues.

Each to their own...tight lines and all that.

·
Registered
209 Posts
to set the record straight adam.d the pier is not council run. the pier comes under the ownership of dover harbour board and is leased to dover angling club along with the breakwater. now obviously they charge for these superb angling platforms and along with the yearly storm damage this runs into £1,000s. no one i know pays £6 per rod just £6 to get a day or nite ticket. these marks are among the best bass and cod venues anywhere with many double figured fish of both species landed reguarly. i cant see any serious specimen hunter moaning about £6 to land a bass of their dreams. im of the thought people shud do a bit more research before coming on here chucking their twopennys worth in without knowing the true facts!!!

glad to get that off my chest now im ready for an addy session in peace and quite without all the whingers!!

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
to set the record straight adam.d the pier is not council run. the pier comes under the ownership of dover harbour board and is leased to dover angling club along with the breakwater. now obviously they charge for these superb angling platforms and along with the yearly storm damage this runs into £1,000s. no one i know pays £6 per rod just £6 to get a day or nite ticket. these marks are among the best bass and cod venues anywhere with many double figured fish of both species landed reguarly. i cant see any serious specimen hunter moaning about £6 to land a bass of their dreams. im of the thought people shud do a bit more research before coming on here chucking their twopennys worth in without knowing the true facts!!!

glad to get that off my chest now im ready for an addy session in peace and quite without all the whingers!!
spot on mate i cut my teeth on the admiralty as a young lad , used to walk 3 miles with my gear and mates at 14 years old to fish the admiralty , back in the day dover harbour board owned and looked after it , you pay six pound you dont tell them how many rods and before you go google how to fish it because the tide run whips down the wall and if you dont no what you are doing it come as a nasty surprise to you and to the angler next to you whos fishing you are spoiling by tangling him up every cast

john

·
Registered
21,537 Posts

:fishing1: Go for it! :fishing1
:

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
why did you have 11 rods ?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts