World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all,
I've just got back into the sea fishing after many years of chucking fluff at trout and I'm looking for some local advice on fishing the Peterhead area and in particular Albert Quay, Sandford Bay and the Ugie Estuary. Firstly has anyone fished Albert Quay and have they had any grief for being there (is it any good there?) Secondly, with regards to Sandford Bay, where is the best access to it and can you get parked nearby? Lastky is the Ugie Estuary any good and if so what the best methods to use there....I'm not to fussy about what I catch tbh

·
Registered
235 Posts
Saw a guy fishing off the end couple of weeks ago , i was behind Crosse and Blackwell yesterday good day out very cold had a nice blank!! :):D.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well we hit Albert Quay just after 7am on Sun morning with high tide due at 9:30am.....I would have preferred to have shown up at 2-3 hrs before sunrise bt fishing buddies nae up for it. After 2-3 hrs of bait, spinning and feathers there was one crab to show for it.....maybe the group of seals nearby killed our chances.? Next was a couple of hours at the Ugie Estuary....a complete waste of time, so won't be back there, even though some dog walkers took great delight in telling us it's licence only fishing there...fine. A decision was made to go back to Albert Quay then onto Boddam if we continued to still blank there. Thankfully the SBW was now open so we set up near the end and fished until dark with only a 1lb coalies and a tiny codling to show for it.....fingers crossed for next time!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts