World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Moved to North Yorks last August......used to fish in Suffolk.
Need advice please on easy to get to and easy to fish location......I live on edge of NY Moors.....
Am 67 but mobile!

Also advice on bait supply on way across would be helpful.

Thank you!

Steve

·
Registered
431 Posts
Head to Whitby. All sorts of action from the piers, especially now the East pier extension is open. During the summer you can fish the lower decks via a set of iron ladders for spinning action (or ledgering/float fishing). During the winter period you can fish off the top decks (prohibited in the summer) for Codling, Whiting, Coalfish (called Billet locally) and flatfish. There is a tackle shop called Rods and Reels on Church Street that can sort you out with any bait you may need. PM me Steve if you fancy a trip out sometime.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Head to Whitby. All sorts of action from the piers, especially now the East pier extension is open. During the summer you can fish the lower decks via a set of iron ladders for spinning action (or ledgering/float fishing). During the winter period you can fish off the top decks (prohibited in the summer) for Codling, Whiting, Coalfish (called Billet locally) and flatfish. There is a tackle shop called Rods and Reels on Church Street that can sort you out with any bait you may need. PM me Steve if you fancy a trip out sometime.
Thanks, Tusk! I had a quick look online last night and spotted a bait shop in Whitby.....and also a post about Sandsend being easy to fish from the car park! Have just cleaned/serviced reels after 4 years non-use and bought fresh line. Hope to get across there in next couple of weeks........ Very nearly bought a shop in Whitby in 90's.......! S.

·
Registered
301 Posts
When you say you live on edge of NY moors where abouts? I live in Guisborough and fish with my mate who's 66 with two false knees. If you let me know I will advise on where we venture.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When you say you live on edge of NY moors where abouts? I live in Guisborough and fish with my mate who's 66 with two false knees. If you let me know I will advise on where we venture.
Hi bobthedog........we live near Kirkbymoorside. Knees are fine......but don't want any rock clambering......and first time out I'd want to be reasonable near the car in case I forgot something!!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Not a bad part of the world. I'll have a think & put a few suggestions together of easy marks to fish around here. If you are coming to Guisborough sometime we could have a socially distanced meet up for a natter or the other half likes to go to the Bedlham Grange farm shop just a few miles down the road from you before you get to Helmsley.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not a bad part of the world. I'll have a think & put a few suggestions together of easy marks to fish around here. If you are coming to Guisborough sometime we could have a socially distanced meet up for a natter or the other half likes to go to the Bedlham Grange farm shop just a few miles down the road from you before you get to Helmsley.
Thanks bobthedog! Not been to Guisborough but worked with a chap that lived there many years ago! We're not far from Beadlam Farm Shop......haven't been there yet due to the lurgy! Looking at ease of access, bait etc Whitby or Sandsend is sounding good as per above......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts