World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm through in Dundee for a meeting today and fancy having a cast at the said mark was just wondering what species would I be likely to catch and any specific places to fish I'm not asking for secret places just a point in the right direction as it will be a 3 hour drive for me but I don't mind that as I always drive minimul 2 hours due to where I'm situated thanks for any advice in advance

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
All along the several miles of waterfront usually throws up flounder and sea trout. Fish baits and lug usually.

Reactions: bruno1982

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Only fished it twice before, both matches. Near the bridge better chance of a Codling, Flounders, eels and some wee stuff down the side.
Near the airfield mainly Flounders.
Lug tipped with mackerel or peeler crab.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Was just passing through today highland shorecaster but looked good was a fair swell on and the water was coloured actually wondered about codling and to be honest it's only 1 hour more than some marks for me and less than others

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
There's every chance of codling down there, you get a lot of small ones there but i have had cod up to 3lb out of there. You can get flounder,sea trout as already mentioned plaice, coalfish, smelt, silver eel along with a variety of small stuff through the year.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
pulled a sweet wee coddy in last year by the cafe

I really enjoy sitting there when it's warm (yeah not very often) real pleasure fishing lol

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers guys I was near the tesco extra bit whatever bit that is looked ok with colour and swell for cod what's the best conditions there for the flukes better calm days is it
Cheers

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Cheers guys I was near the tesco extra bit whatever bit that is looked ok with colour and swell for cod what's the best conditions there for the flukes better calm days is it
Cheers

I was pegged there at a match last year around June time. Slight breeze with a few showers, loads of flounders, mostly small.
The pegs down from me had a couple of eels, also heard of a few Pollack and odd Codling. You will catch on worm with a fish tip, but peeler crab was the top bait back then.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
The weather doesn't seem to play much of a part when it comes to flukes i've caught them in all types from flat calm to rough water.

Reactions: bruno1982

·
Registered
778 Posts
Great thing about riverside is its really accessible fish from the car safe for the kids if you want to take them and no need to hit the horizon as most of the fish
seem to lie between you and the main flow a gentle lob puts you among the fish. best flounder I have had has probably struggled to hit a 1lb but plenty to keep you fishing. Trout well now best one was just short of 4lb and it was caught later in the year and fat as a pig and was returned to grow even bigger like all my trout are.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys think as soon as this man flu lifts I will need to get a trip sorted might even carry on through to arbroath area and make a weekend of it and fish back to there wonder what the missus will say lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts