World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I was wondering if anyone had any tips for fishing at Rossall about what types of bait and rigs work best, and what you think to the shore at Rossall Hospital for a venue?

Had a trip out there on Tuesday - twoz a gorgeous day but blanked unfortunately. Went again this morning and after a couple of hours though all I was going to catch was a Safeways bag that wandered onto my line but caught a small dab just before coming home.

Like I said, any advice on bait / rigs etc.. would be appreciated.

Cheers, Chris.

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
:) hello chris and welcome to wsf mate,
at this time of year i would opt for either 1.0s up and over or 1.0s 1 up 1 down rig with three or four gemini beads with a sequin in between each bead for the plaice and other flattys, and use either lug tipped with macky , lug on its own or macky on its own
cuberd

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
welcome to the WSF and NW forum matey

i think cubbs has covered it all really chrispangy ,

small hooks ,beads and sequins as the targets of the high tide will be mostly plaice ,flounder dabs and doggies like anywhere i find rossall fishes best after dark or dusk and dawn periods,
fresh black and blow with maky and squid for the doggies

keep your eyes open for the trips out to low water for the smoothies and thornies in the summer months i'm sure you'll be more than welcome to tag along matey

tightlines........................daz

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the tips guys - will try adding some beads and sequins for the flatties. Just another quick question, would it be best quite close to the shore for the doggies?

Thanks for the welcome as well, will watch out for those low-tide trips.

Just on a random note, any idea what low-tide at Cleveley's like? Would it just be the flatties that would be the main target or is there quite a bit of variety?

Sorry for all the questions, just getting into sea fishing again!

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
if the waters stirred up a bit you will get doggys all along the coast , find a gully close in and drop your bait in it,
at the moment its mainly flattys but as we get to summer you can expect bass and smoothhound with the odd rockling thrown in , doggys are there all year
cuberd

1 - 5 of 5 Posts