World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Surprised your not going to get out on the boat the Saturday Joel ? Weathers looking good so far even though that’s long term haha ...ogmore deeps avoid on south westerly winds and big swells and tides very dangerous place ...just before the deeps you can park in the beach car park and fish cods corner I fish a long up and down rig or pulley there :) good for rays and whiting and will throw up a cod or two like always have to be out fishing to have a chance lol fairly clean ground there are a few patches of rock but nothing major and I like to use lug tipped with black and squid or a nice length of bluey :) deeps in the right conditions is also a excellent mark fishes well and is a place that can throw up some big cod and conger along with your normal winter species same goes for bait and rigs here ...there’s a few areas here which are snaggy so it’s good to check out on low water so you know for yourself what’s about I tend to fish the middle of furthest ledges and out onto a channel of sand :) hope this helps and there’s other lads on here who will have more info etc

·
Premium Member
9,235 Posts
The above is pretty much spot on for this time of year. Ogmore main beach on LW can be fished from the river on the right as far left as you can walk to the left. Just make sure you have an exit route as the tide pushes in. I find bigger tides best but that's just my choice. Rarely fish the deeps so can't comment.
Never fished Southern down beach but a few on here have thought about it. Heard it can fish well for rays in the summer but that they tend to be smaller than Ogmore ( can't think why that should be though )
Once the weather warms up and the sea calms down Rays will dominate. Predominately smalleyes but the other three species can always show up. Fish baits, sandeels and squid will catch these.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Ogmore deeps...
Drive through Ogmore by sea until you come to a cattle grid and a car park, either park in the car park (pay and display) or park on the road outside the houses before the cattle grid.
Head towards the sea directly in front of the car park and then go left towards the deeps.
The deeps itself is clean to mixed ground depending on where you fish and distance you cast.

Southerndown point/ledges..
Park in the car park at Southerndown beach head across the top of the cliff and drop down onto the point you can fish here either straight out or to the right into the bay. If you head left from the point there are ledges which you can also fish from, both areas are clean ground, there is a snag close in off the point though.

Dont fish the deeps or Southerndown in South or South westerly winds though as waves will be breaking over the ledges.

·
Premium Member
9,235 Posts
Just for info... Southerndown point also know as Witches point.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts