World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I need some advice.

I'm heading down to Bournemouth for a couple of nights next week and although the girlfriend doesn't know it yet i'm bringing the rods.

I live in the Isle of Man so have no experience of marks around that area or where's best to buy bait etc so need help.

Can anyone recommend some decent spots? Prefer to fish the beach. Fishing on the Isle of Man can be predictable (dogs) so would love to get my hands on some of your exotic species like bream, hounds, rays etc. I have the car so i am able to travel.

Also where's good to get fresh bait?

Cheers for the help guys!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Hi Guys,

I need some advice.

I'm heading down to Bournemouth for a couple of nights next week and although the girlfriend doesn't know it yet i'm bringing the rods.

I live in the Isle of Man so have no experience of marks around that area or where's best to buy bait etc so need help.

Can anyone recommend some decent spots? Prefer to fish the beach. Fishing on the Isle of Man can be predictable (dogs) so would love to get my hands on some of your exotic species like bream, hounds, rays etc. I have the car so i am able to travel.

Also where's good to get fresh bait?

Cheers for the help guys!
if your after bream etc id advise you head for chesil, i dont know bournmouth area for fishing, only area round there i know is poole harbour for flatfish.

but chesil would be your best bet in my eyes, might be a bit busy at west bexington etc, but portland end would be fine, only prob is its about 50minute drive from bournmuth, take a sat nav

·
Registered
509 Posts
Hi mate, I reckon southbourne beach would be a good bet for a bit of a mixed bag. It's a very popular beach round here, especially this time of year. There are bream at around 80-100yds, use sections of rag tipped with squid strip to target these. There is always a good chance of a bass close in on big baits like macky fillet or squid. You can pick the smuts up from this venue too, use peeler if you can. Rays show on macky fillet or sand eel or you can scratch with rag and pick up pout and flatties.

To get to southbourne all you have to do is head straight on along the beach in an easterly direction past boscombe pier (next pier along from bournemouth). You need to look for boscombe overcliff, this becomes southbourne overcliff, it's a coastal road with hotels ect. Park at the side of the road (alot of free parking, I believe) and head down one of the zig-zags and onto the beach below, this is southbourne.

Hope this helps and your trip goes well, look forward to hearing your reports mate!:thumbs:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Bait can be found at Christchurch angling center http://uk.wrs.yahoo.com/_ylt=A1f4cf...ristchurch%2C+Dorset&wid=16017&cid=1003667721 which is easy to find.as you come into Bournemouth down the A338 come of at the second junction marked up for hospital go past hosp/tesco and mind the speed cam located 600yds past tesco and just before the roundabout at the bottom of the road the shop is on the left. Southbourne is not bad at all Warrens edge (Bistro on the beach car park) fishes well further afield but not far is Mudeford and Avon Beach both top Bass marks all Beaches round here throw up bass regulary at the mo squid and after the blows slipper will catch them at short distance.The boys in the shop have always been helpfull but beware of your wallet as this place is packed to the gills with goodys.Have fun :drunk:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts