World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan to be in the Hunstanton area from early July,
and would appreciate some tips on all aspects of beech fishing around there.
Any recomendations for,line,tackle,bait, will be greatfully recieved.
Hoping for Bass but any better ideas?

T.I.A.

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
hi jim. i don't think there are many bass there really but what i do want to say is be bloody careful on the beach, especially at night as the tide can creep up on you there and get behind the unwary. we took some kids to searles at hunstanton when i worked in a kids home and while i drummed it into the kids about the tides there, we nearly lost two drunk staff members on there night out and it was only a throw bag that i always have with me that got them out without the need for a lifeboat so be careful chap. i think flaties are about down there in summer from what i can remember bloody lovley place, i used to live at skeggi.
just a normal beachcaster if you have one mate. and look on the rigs and knots page just to your left on the screen. sorry i can't help much :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info,
been there before so aware of the ever changing tide line,very strange at first.
My Dad had a couple of smallish bass last time we were there,June 2004,
but nothing to get exited about.
I'll check the rigs for flattie stuff.
Cheers.

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
funny mate that it takes someone who lives on the south coast to try and help you down there.
ignorant i think is the word i am looking for. i hope you have a nice time mate and am sorry i could not help more :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Jim.....

If you are mobile, there are several good beach marks along the North Norfolk Coast

Salthouse, Cley, Sherringham, and of course Cromer Pier to name a few. I get my bait from Brights in Sheringham but I think there is somewhere in Cley.

The Mackerel are coming out on feathers from the beach and the occasional small bass, and don' be tempted to cast to the horizon. From what I have observed over the past six weeks at Salthouse, casts of 30 to 50 metres are sufficient to get on the fish.

Weed can be a problem on the flow but disapears around the high (nothing compared to the South Coast at the moment!!)

Anyway, whatever happens it will beat working

enjoy yourself
regards
Russ :) :cool: :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
hi hope you havn,t left yet,as others have said bait at brights,Cley bait is lug by an old gent who lives next to where they sell papers from a window,thers usualy a blue tractor parked outside if he,s got any he has a sign displayed,bait also available at Cromer..two shops now,Salthouse good mark...and parking free Wadbridge better but carpark charge,also chance of watersports on fine days.Bass love the rough ground over the flint balls on this coast but can be heavy on gear.
hope this helps a little more,
cheers Trev.
ps the pier can be good ,best over rough ground,casting sea ward parralel to the lifeboat house ot at the orange mooring bouys,but can be snagy,best mark on beach two groins est of pier {left as you facr pier} 2hours before flood

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hi all,

I went to Cley last night to see if any bass were about...... none to report. I did intend to go spinning but the conditions were against me on that one so it was a couple of big baits lobbed out. Still, was good to get to the coast again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts