World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a weeks holiday with Mrs D staying in Falmouth from 2nd Nov and I
will be bringing the rods along. I have never fished this area before so any help would
be appreciated. What should I be aiming for at this time of year from either beaches
or rock marks. Also is there a local tackle shop that sells bait including rags etc. I've
had a quick search on the internet and found 'The Tackle Box' in Falmouth but it
looks like it was up for sale. Many thanks

·
SW Shore Hunter
730 Posts
Try Swanpool & Gylly Beach mate at night, Stack point to the right of Swanpool Beach in the day for Wrasse, Pollock & Doggies use Rag Worm for bait plus whatever you want sand eel mack etc. from the tackle box, it's still open, he gets a delivery of baits including worms and live crabs etc. every Friday so by Thursday they might be a bit less lively or last of the batch and worth waiting till the bait man comes Friday or even no worms left.. Also try Pendennis Point or Castle Beach, bit rough ground there though.. Hope this helps bud!

Cheers Jackson :thumbs:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info Jackson. Good to know the shop is still running as I don't think we have a freezer where we are staying. I'll give it a go where you have suggested, many thanks

·
SW Shore Hunter
730 Posts
No worries bud glad to help, if you go in to Google and search for Swanpool beach & Gyllyngvase Beach, at the top of the page is says maps click that and you should see where the good spots are, especially on the satellite mode you can see all the rock marks and heavily weeded areas

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Yeh ditto mate, me and Jackson had plenty of wrasse from stack point! Also if you got transport can always pop over to loe bar porthleven but don't bother if the winds blowing, can be a dangerous beach! And don't fish a Falmouth beach if the winds on the east! Have fun!

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
We tried mate but had no luck,maybe it was just coincidence lol

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers for the advice fellas. Had 3 sessions last week whilst on hols. On the Sunday I went to fish Gylly beach but numerous dog walkers were still arriving at dusk, so swiftly moved on to swanpool beach where I blanked. On Tuesday I fished near flushing on the advice of the tackle shop and my bait was robbed by crabs every cast. On the Thursday I fished the helford river and blanked again ! Prbably quite an achievement to go biteless for three days. Never mind, had a smashing time and it was not a fishing holiday after all (my excuse !!). Loved the area and looking forward to better luck next time

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.