World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
boys ive posted this on the soouth coast forum need to know if you can shed any light on this . im looking for a zippy rod one that is sensitive for the bite detection but will still punch out a 5 or a 6oz lead for distance at remain sensitive with the reel down any advice would be appreciated and if you know where i can get one secondhand
cheers

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
boys ive posted this on the soouth coast forum need to know if you can shed any light on this . im looking for a zippy rod one that is sensitive for the bite detection but will still punch out a 5 or a 6oz lead for distance at remain sensitive with the reel down any advice would be appreciated and if you know where i can get one secondhand
cheers
you could look on fleabay for a 2500ptx or an lm or maybe the3500 both are good rods and have very good bite detection at range.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers berty there seems to be a few people talking about the 2500 and the 3500 thanks mate i think that i might look on flea bay

·
Registered
530 Posts
Sorry, i know i’m a forum newbie, but. Most Zziplex’s have a good tip for bite detection (and not pulling the lead in adverse conditions)
Personally i wouldn’t want to wind my 2500 or even 3500 too much with a 6oz on, but i suppose this depends what you mean by distance and your own casting style. If you are a reasonable caster i would suggest a 4500 (maybe an HSM or a 50/50) myself.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have a Zziplex 50/50 dreamcast (this is the Tonys Tackle version of the 50/50). it is a truely awesome fishing rod!

If you know how to cast you can easily send a clipped down bait and 5-7oz of lead 150 yards and the bite detection is something else. I also have a 2500 and personally i only use it as an estuary rod as it doesn't really like being thrashed about too much!

If you are after a second hand 1 i would think ebay is you best option, otherwise phone Tonys tackle or Gerrys of Morcombe (there version is slightly stiffer but still excellent) and see if they have any hanging around.

Dan

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Smutty Dan is spot on with the 50/50 from Tony's tackle superb bite detection really top rod and easy to transport! Would cringe a little heaving out 5oz with a big bait on tho. Not seen them selling 2nd hand either.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I was a bit lucky in the fact that i got hold of mine 2nd hand, but i have to agree you don't see many about.

Also due to the quality of the rod the 2nd hand price isn't that far off the price of a new 1.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks boys for the advice spoke to tonys tacle this morning and he reckons the dreamcast iwill have to see how the money goes .
iwill have to hide it from she who has to be disobeyed

the wife lol

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
If you are fishing Thames beaches try thr Zzippy Powertex bass 12' 8". The best rod they make, IMHO. Will belt out 5oz no problem. No need for fancy casts either, a simpe OHT will send it flying.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I've got a pair of old 4500 HPM's - they can cast 6 oz with bait no bother at all. In my mind the tip is superb- it bends so nicely in the tide and IMO bite detection is second to none- of the rods I've used anyway.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts