World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm thinking about trying sandwich tonight. Just wondered the best way to fish the Low water.

Do you wade out like you do at Minnis or will a decent cast put you in to fish ??

Only got about 10 crab to use, will using fresh out blacks be ok or will they get crabbed in about 10 seconds.

Is it snaggy out there, I imagine it to be clean ground But if there are rock patches I might use pulley rigs.

Any info Appreciated

Cheers!!!!!!

·
Registered
677 Posts
Hi all, I'm thinking about trying sandwich tonight. Just wondered the best way to fish the Low water.

Do you wade out like you do at Minnis or will a decent cast put you in to fish ??

Only got about 10 crab to use, will using fresh out blacks be ok or will they get crabbed in about 10 seconds.

Is it snaggy out there, I imagine it to be clean ground But if there are rock patches I might use pulley rigs.

Any info Appreciated

Cheers!!!!!!
Hi, Captain,
I think I would probably wade and cast as far as possible. If there was any sort of surf running these fishing in the surf might produce Bass and Eels but I anticpate it will too calm for that tonight.
I have seen the fresh out yellows out fish crab so I would certainly give them a go. The ground is fairly clear certainly no real rock as such.

Good Luck

DaveA

p.s. 'Only got about 10 crab to use' Thats 10 more than I have got for tomorrow but have been a bit lazy this week and not had a look round.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, Captain,
I think I would probably wade and cast as far as possible. If there was any sort of surf running these fishing in the surf might produce Bass and Eels but I anticpate it will too calm for that tonight.
I have seen the fresh out yellows out fish crab so I would certainly give them a go. The ground is fairly clear certainly no real rock as such.

Good Luck

DaveA

p.s. 'Only got about 10 crab to use' Thats 10 more than I have got for tomorrow but have been a bit lazy this week and not had a look round.
Cheers dave, I know them yellows won't last 3 minutes off ramsgate, There's so many crab about.
Thought I'd give 10th green a go maybe there be bass, smoothies or a thornies about. Just a change of venue, something a bit different.

It's been hard work getting crab, there just doesn't seem to be that many peelers about ( especially velvets ) I wonder if all those killed in the winter have had an effect on numbers.

·
Registered
677 Posts
It's been hard work getting crab said:
Its always been hard getting crabs locally in August thats why I couldnt raise the enthusiasm to have a look. I agree there have been a lot less velvets in our area this year theres no doubt numbers did take a hit in the cold weather. I heard they had a good run of them this year in Deal/Dover area. I think they survived the winter better where the water is deeper and they didnt get caught in shallow water in the cold snap.
DaveA

·
Registered
246 Posts
'Only got about 10 crab to use' Thats 10 more than I have got for tomorrow but have been a bit lazy this week and not had a look round.

i stopped looking about 2 months ago!! are they still peeling. cause if they are i've missed out on frezer filling time

·
Registered
589 Posts
fished it thursday night for a couple of hours with my little boy, down the shallow end at dead low tide ,dug a few yellows , no stop bites ,had 4 schoolys and a eel before my little lad got tired and had 2 go:schmoll: but i think i would of caught a lot if i could of stayed. three hook cliped about 80-90 yards size 2 hook. good luk m8

·
Registered
677 Posts
'Only got about 10 crab to use' Thats 10 more than I have got for tomorrow but have been a bit lazy this week and not had a look round.

i stopped looking about 2 months ago!! are they still peeling. cause if they are i've missed out on frezer filling time
You are right Mid June sees the end of the main run of crab, but if you put the hours in at the right places you can get enough to fish with through the summer months.
You certainly havnt missed out on filling the freezer if thats not done by mid june youve had it.
In the past I would rarely fish in the summer without crab but since the dogfish took over the seas in our part of the world they are not so important.
DaveA

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
fished it thursday night for a couple of hours with my little boy, down the shallow end at dead low tide ,dug a few yellows , no stop bites ,had 4 schoolys and a eel before my little lad got tired and had 2 go:schmoll: but i think i would of caught a lot if i could of stayed. three hook cliped about 80-90 yards size 2 hook. good luk m8
Cheers mate, Gonna try the deeper part of the bay. Might have a chance of a smoothie on the crab. Looking forward to when I can take my little un. Have to catch up at some point again:thumbs:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts