World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all. could any of you essex boys give me some hints as to the bait i'll need for the essex v kent match? also what sort of species are there atm?

cheers.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
hi all. could any of you essex boys give me some hints as to the bait i'll need for the essex v kent match? also what sort of species are there atm?

cheers.
Maggots, Boilies and hemp. You can expect to get Blue Marlin, Barracuda and snappers:)

On the other hand, Lug, Rag, squid, macky in fact most of the "normal" baits will produce on their day. Last week we had cod, whiting, dabs and dogfish. Could also expect early bass. in fact I think much the same a Dungie.

A

·
0 Posts

cheers.
Hiya Matey, I shouldn't be telling you this but,,,,,,,,,

If you all fill your bait bags with anything made by "Gulp" you'll clean up :whistling:

hth

Ubd

D

·
0 Posts
yeah and i spose lazy lug too eh urly?:spiteful: :crazy: .....dave.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Maggots, Boilies and hemp. You can expect to get Blue Marlin, Barracuda and snappers:)

On the other hand, Lug, Rag, squid, macky in fact most of the "normal" baits will produce on their day. Last week we had cod, whiting, dabs and dogfish. Could also expect early bass. in fact I think much the same a Dungie.
Thanks for that matey, I had no idea either:)

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
this could be reverse sycology.

i'll be taking 5kg of boilies and pellets and a bait boat. maybe some gulp and lazy too just for good measure. LOL.

·
The Ego
6,046 Posts
Im going for lug, rag, squid and any peelers that I can get my hands on.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
at least we don't need maddies, coz there aint many round my area.

are whites any good round that way?

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Anythings worth a try, especially this time of year, I think we will all be scratching. :unsure: :)

Issy, you're only scratching cos you've been fishing with Urly, next time, try not to get within 3 feet of him, the little buggers cant jump that far!! :whistling:

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Scratching what? My mother told me it will never get better if you pick it.

Stu

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok lads i get the idea that you need crabs. LOL.

what sort of ground is it like there and how much tide is there?

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
ok lads i get the idea that you need crabs. LOL.

what sort of ground is it like there and how much tide is there?
150-170 grm breakaway leads will be ok some areas a bit snaggy but mostly cleanish but if you fish on the river side snaggy I lost 11 sets last Saturday but the fishing was worth it best baits last week lug tipped with rag or use a wishbone and bait one hook rag and the other lug fishes at all states of the tide.

Hope this helps big guy.

Alan

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
how far have we gotta walk?

and are we going to decide before the day where we're going to fish. either the river side or the other. if we could decide before we get there then it will save me taking both rough and clean ground gear.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
If we meet in the Manor Car park then you can start a fight as to who fishes the other side of the sea wall, or walk up a short way, or get into car and move up to one of the other car parks and some of you who are extremely rich can fish the Viewpoint that is parking and almost fishing from the back of the car, though I would point out that Alan only lost 11 sets of tackle, I left him standing by a mile and it has taken me two weeks to get my tackle wallets full up again, plus £37 in the tackle shop. But the fishing is great there:)
I'm fishing the Buts near the Manor car park.
The fishing is good all around the Landguard point, but the seaward side is pretty clean and easy to fish. Plus there is a pub a short walk away if the fishing is bad:drunk:

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I'm fishing the Buts near the Manor car park.
The fishing is good all around the Landguard point, but the seaward side is pretty clean and easy to fish. Plus there is a pub a short walk away if the fishing is bad:drunk:
Sounds like a good plan.

Stu

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
150-170 grm breakaway leads will be ok some areas a bit snaggy but mostly cleanish but if you fish on the river side snaggy I lost 11 sets last Saturday but the fishing was worth it best baits last week lug tipped with rag or use a wishbone and bait one hook rag and the other lug fishes at all states of the tide.

Hope this helps big guy.

Alan
what fish did you catch alan? if i no what im targeting i can arange bait to suit.
cheers

1 - 20 of 23 Posts