World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I’m fairly new to sea fishing and tbh have only caught a small wrasse in Scotland. However I searched the YouTube and got a 15’ beach caster which Is very heavy and the handle is like a tree trunk, I’m not as strong as I used to be so any recommendations on a good rod that is lighter, and what’s the best length?

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
I have a 15 foot Shakespeare, I went up from a 13 foot and yes they can feel OTT to start with, but after a few trips I got use to it and now wouldn't go back to a smaller rod, just give it more time to get use to it

·
Registered
217 Posts
13 foot is a good all round size to get started with, try looking at PENN rods if you want something that is fairly decent without breaking the bank, nice slim blank but good enough to chuck a 5oz lead plus bait a respectable distance. I used a couple of 13ft PENN rods for years and if you look after them they wont let you down.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
13 foot is a good all round size to get started with, try looking at PENN rods if you want something that is fairly decent without breaking the bank, nice slim blank but good enough to chuck a 5oz lead plus bait a respectable distance. I used a couple of 13ft PENN rods for years and if you look after them they wont let you down.
Thanks I’ll look into them, how about Diana sandstorm?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts