World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, having never fished there before, how bad would the weather for chesil be with the current forecast for Thursday night be? Would love to try, but would it be unfishable?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Just remember chaps, it's not the wind that gets people into trouble on chesil, it's the swell. That's the one to keep an eye on. 2m is the absolute max for most people, and this would involve casting from 50 yards back from the waters edge. No fish is worth risking your life for. Just remember conditions can change very quickly on chesil, for the better and for the worse. There is plenty of information on the internet (channel coast observatory) that monitors swell. Stay safe chaps

·
Registered
15,916 Posts
Fishable for a few, unfishable for most.
It's definitely not advisable if you haven't fished Chesil before.
I know my casting won’t cope with a 20-25 SW in the face. Thinking BC as a back up plan.

Friday looks truly evil. I guess after that will depend how quickly it moves through and how long that swell takes to drop.

Can’t do the weekend anyway, so will be staying local if the forecast doesn’t change

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys. Don't get me wrong, I'm a Sussex lad. Used to massive southwesterlys, huge swells and tonnes of weed, just didn't fancy a wasted trip. I think I'll stay local!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts