World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Looking for a reasonable mackeral spot that won't be too busy as its the summer holidays (so not Deal/Dover Piers!). I have tried the Herne Bay beach stretch but just wondered where everybody else reccomends. I am in the Herne Bay area.

Cheers.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
folkstone,sandgate and dungie beaches have all been producing hope this helps

·
Registered
8,187 Posts
Had a txt from Monktonlad yesterday afternoon saying that Hernebay was seeing good numbers of them but unfortunately i couldnt get out. try Hampton pier or Neptunes arm.

Lee.

·
Registered
110 Posts
on a slightly different note (sorry to thread rape!) does it matter weather you fish the high tide or not?

I generally try to get the high tide but wondered if i was doing it wrong lol! :blink:

G

·
on a slightly different note (sorry to thread rape!) does it matter weather you fish the high tide or not?

I generally try to get the high tide but wondered if i was doing it wrong lol! :blink:
it dont matter much when they are in down dungeness.had them at all states of the tide.

G

·
Had a txt from Monktonlad yesterday afternoon saying that Hernebay was seeing good numbers of them but unfortunately i couldnt get out. try Hampton pier or Neptunes arm.

Lee.
I didn't manage to get there myself even though I was at my brothers house just round the corner from Hampton.
Now leaving a spinning rod in the car "just in case".

Spoke to another friend from Herne bay who said his boy was down the beach yesterday afternoon and the mackerel seemed to be moving off around 4pm ish.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts