World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone recommend a rod that would be good for legering a crab in close whilst also able to push a bait out a fair distance comfortably? i.e. something that will handle autumn bass fishing and winter cod fishing from the shore.
i have a limited budget so really suggestions under £150 will be greatly appreciated. thank you.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
mti bass

2-4oz casting, quite happy dropping a crab in the gullies (yes i fish the gower) or blasting a bait with 4ozs on with a pennel rig off the foreshore......done both types of fishing with it and very happy.

great bite detection, slim lightweight rod, good rod rings, good casting rod...got mine in keens bridgend...i would have definatley have a look at them.

john

·
Registered
314 Posts
the only decent rod i can think of in that price range and is a good allrounder is the SIX AND BAIT from ANYFISH ANYWHERE i have one mate and you can cast a six ounce lead 100 yards easy and bite detection is decent enough. have a look at this link mate and if you have an extra 50 squid you can get a sl0sh 30 reel with it. i have this and great mate but remember to fit your breaks to the reel before you use it.

http://www.gerrysfishing.com/shop/S...sh_Anywhere_Six___Bait_13ft_Multi.asp?tabID=1

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
get a second hand tip tornado match, will take anything you throw at it clean to mixed ground with a sensitive tip to boot...
you'l love it

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys. advice is appreciated.
sorry wasn't more specific about reel and length. i use a fixed spool, length doesn't matter too much aslong as it fits in the car.

·
Crinkly line
2,643 Posts
you can get some very nice bass rods with that budget that would be up to the job. Have a look at the MTI or look around for a second hand zzippy powertex bass rod, Ive found the MTI rods for only £101, pm me if you want the link. The mti comes with coasters though so you would have to have a reel seat fitted. wont cost a lot though.

Other rods you could look at could be

greys bze

diawa supercast bass

Or conoflex do a few quality heavy bass rods.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts