World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Firstly thanks for the welcome to the forum, and all the tips from members on fishing in my local area.

I am looking for some clarification on my tackle. When I attach my rig(12kgs B.S) to my main line ( around 6kgs B.S.) do I attach another leader in between, or does the rig go straight to the main line, for instance via a swivel

I had a wee session at red rocks last Thursday, caught nothing, but it was great to get the line wet after such a long time

G

·
0 Posts
Would reccomend a shock leader to of 60lb line. Search the forums for knots to attach the two. You'll want 5 or 6 turns of line on the spool plus double the length of the rod. To the end of the shock leader a genie rig clip to allow you to attach and reattach and swap rigs, etc with ease without tying knots all the time.
The shock leader depends where you fish though but is safer.
For rigs, keep it simple with some ready made rigs. These will set you back 2 or 3 quid each, but should allow you some to copy them. Making your own rigs is cheaper.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
i only use a shockleader when using line 18lb and under , with me doing a fair bit of rough ground fishing i tend to load the reel with 25lb straight through , this has saved me a lot of lost fish , shockleader and tackle.

also if using a shockleader i tend to put a spot of glue over the knot just to further protect it .

al

1 - 3 of 3 Posts