Ragworm
Blacks
Crab
Mussels
Has anyone done this?
are you allowed to transport live bait?
Any advice on what you did would be fab
I am flying with klm so it aint going to be
cheap so dont want to spend £70 ON EXTRA LUGGAGE AND ANOTHER TON ON BAIT FOR IT TO all to go all PETE TONG.....

·
Registered
12,482 Posts
hi guys counting down to shore fishing trip in norway in October

I have been advised to take:-
Ragworm
Blacks
Crab
Mussels
Has anyone done this?
are you allowed to transport live bait?
Any advice on what you did would be fab
I am flying with klm so it aint going to be
cheap so dont want to spend £70 ON EXTRA LUGGAGE AND ANOTHER TON ON BAIT FOR IT TO all to go all PETE TONG.....
All depends on where you are going to Herbie. Once the venue is specified people can help.:group::thumbs:

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi dudes
In skarsundet with phil off here

·
Registered
12,482 Posts
hi dudes
In skarsundet with phil off here
Ask Phil then. There are also Dozens of guys on here that have been there also. Please read previous reports (re the venue you intend to visit) on this forum. There is MUCHOS info if you check out the MANY pages regarding ALL aspects of fishing in Norway. Hope this helps mate.:fish:

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Ask Phil then. There are also Dozens of guys on here that have been there also. Please read previous reports (re the venue you intend to visit) on this forum. There is MUCHOS info if you check out the MANY pages regarding ALL aspects of fishing in Norway. Hope this helps mate.:fish:

100% on the check previous posts:clap3::clap3::clap3:

I took frozen unwashed squid this year, and was good for Dabs and Plaice, some of the group collected mussels at low tide (not that you get much rise and fall) , they caught Dabs and Plaice also. Year before last we dug bait . The local guide lent us a fork and managed to dig some stonking lug on the beach. Once again flat fish.
might be some import law about introducing live animals in to the country, in the far North of Norway, they already have problems with spider crabs.
We also caught lance and sandeels, when fishing for small coalfish for bait, so plenty of bait available on site so would question whether or not it is worth the effort.

·
Registered
11,511 Posts
we fished with phill earlier this year.

you may be told that bluey is all you need!!

but...
we took frozen blacks, frozen mussel and one lad took live rag. blueys we bought off phill.

blueys are the main bait out there and will get you most of the bigger fish.

haddock though took mussels and worms.

we payed for an extra bag each. this was in the form of a cool box. i took my frozen bait out in this and packed it with all food items i wanted.

it was used to bring frozen fillets back.

we had been told by friends who had been there 2 weeks before us that rag fished well [this they dug when in norway] dont expect to be put onto productive worm beds, you might get enough for a couple of casts and it takes up valuable fishing time.

one of our group took a few pound of fresh dug worm out with him. this was boxed in his extra cool box.

when the fishing was slow he was doing well with fish around 4lb using ragworm.

because the bait was transported in the hold it must have been allowed.

i know that the lads there before us brought a coolbox of large ragworm back with them. [which is why you may not be put onto good beds].

if asked phill will lend you a fork and take you digging, but personally i wouldnt waste that time that could be spent fishing.

id advise just taking a variety of baits out and using bluey as your main bait or in cocktails.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts