World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lo fellas,

am travelling to Bideford on sat 8th for a week with the missus'n'kids.:crazy:

Will obviously be fishing as much as possible. Im staying very close to the Torridge, between the new bridge and old bridge.
Could you guys help me out with some advice for this area, for example what i can expect to catch, im guessing flounder/bass/eels etc - will taking lug/rag/squid/macky, and maybe some crab -

Also looking at the local area i fancy having a day at westward ho (off the rocks,) - looking on google earth i can't figure out the best place for parking, again what should i expect here, is the ground very rough, what species, and baits to use etc -
Any decent plugging spots local?

Would be much obliged for any local knowledge to save me going in blind - (im not a holidaymaker going fishing,:eek:hmy: but a fisherman on holiday):victory:

Thanks fellas :)

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
The river will be full of bait robbing crabs,so unless your using fresh crab(for Bass) it may be dissapointing fishing in the river at this time of year.
Westward Ho! rocks would be worth a try. A rocky bottom.Crab again is best for bait. Fresh or frozen works . Snoothounds ,Bass,Bull Huss and Dogfish are around down there at the moment. Fishing is approximately 3 hours either side of low tide.

·
Registered
47 Posts
any good round there with lures, only a flying visit, what is the bait situation there, normally have to order in advance in essex

which part of the tide is best

Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts