World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

We're considering a jaunt down to North Wales this weekend but don't fancy the wind / rain in my face all day and most of the night!

I'm leaning towards a trip to this peninsula near Morfa Nefyn as it provides a lovely looking beach with the option to go rock fishing at the end.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&ll=52.945043,-4.563038&spn=0.010926,0.033023&t=h&z=16

Is it worth a chuck and what do you know about access / parking, looks like a golf club on Google earth so don't want to upset anyone! How much of a walk are we facing to the rocks at the end of the peninsula?

Final question are we likely to pick up mackerel from the rocks at this mark or maybe Trefor pier as its a last minute trip we're going to struggle to organise fresh bait being landlocked!

Or failing all of that do you have any better suggestions? We'd like to target rays, pollack, wrasse so rock marks would be good.

Ta very much, appreciate you taking time to answer oodles of questions!

Regards,

Gareth.
______

·
Registered
40 Posts
Have had Wrasse and Pollack off the left hand side and end of the little peninsula - float fished on lug. It would be worth a chuck for Mackeral on feathers in my opinion.

You're right, it is a golf club - I think you can park here, but you'll probably be charged. From there to the end of the peninsula is a 10 minute walk. Alternatively, you can park in the NT car park down the road - but the walk is longer. Whatever you do, don't be tempted to drive through the gate on the golf club car park onto the golf club itself if you should find said gate open. The road goes up to the lifeboat station and the Ty Coch pub, but only locals have keys so you could well be locked in.

The beach on the right hand side is great - and the the pub even better. There is even a webcam.

·
Registered
11,558 Posts
you can get mackerel off the rocks on the left hand side.

but.... only if they are there :mellow:

trefor is also a good shot for mackerel over high tide ,as long as the sea doesnt get too big.

fresh bait would be nice but frozen is far better than none.

you have pm.

·
Banned
15,857 Posts
Fished there alot

Park on golf club car park it's £5 well spent as it's a killer of a walk from the NT car park further down the road

Walk on the path through the course until you come to a little car park on your right hand side go left there over the course onto the rocks below it's pretty deep but I've found it fishes best on a incoming tide

Had my pb Ballan wrasse here (3lb) also had pollack and mackerel wrasse and pollack on float with rag Mackerel on spinner

Bottom is very snaggy and I've never caught anything on the bottom here apart from the bottom but I know people that have had red gurnard codling and coalfish all on bottom

Best bait is rag and crab for bigger wrasse rag and sandeel for the pollack

Bait shops in Pwhelli and Porthmadog

Hope this helps

1 - 5 of 5 Posts