World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought myself some fishbites,5 in a pack lug can you tell me the best way to use them.
Thank-you.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Hi Redwolf,

I personally have never heard of them, maybe when the lads and lassies arrive home from work this evening you will get some response.

Cheers

Drew

·
Registered
568 Posts
Are these the 'new' fish'n'strips thingies ??? There was an interesting thread on here a while back (I wonder did it survive the 'cull') Have a play about using the search feature on the forum.

If they are what I think they are, then they are synthetic baits, so it's as simple as putting a section on the hook (probaly only an inch or so long) instead of 'normal' bait. You could also use smaller pieces to tip off conventional baits - I suspect they would be good for keeping soft baits from obscuring the hook point. Whenever this topic arrises there is some debate as to how effective they are.

EDIT:

Try this: http://worldseafishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1333

·
Registered
235 Posts
hi redwolf not shure if they r fish n strips cos they come in more than fives enough so the say for the equivilant of 100 worms i use them my self and i have had mixed results at the moment i am experimenting and hopefuly have a more in depth report later inthe year. how much did u pay for your fish stips if they are fish and strips retail at 8.99 a pack and thats direct from fishing inovations the company who make them.

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
They're meant to attract fish by scent underwater in poor visibility, so make sure you put them on the hook! They will last quite a while in cold water and crabs don't wreck them as fast as 'real' bait. Experiment and put them on one hook with 'real' stuff on the other(s) I use Fish'n' strips and they work! Go for it and let us know the results.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts