World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right i think the time has come for me too move from centry too zippys i want a rod that is good too cast with for fishing i aint too bothered about price as ill keep them for a few years any way any suggestions my current rods are a centry tts and the ssp(super sport)all veiws wecomed,thanx

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
Why are you moving from Century? Unhappy with the rods or just a change.

Remember its a badge 1st and foremost, forget the badge and get the rod thats right for you.

If you like the powerful rods I'd probably recommend the M4 evo:bb:

Jim

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why are you moving from Century? Unhappy with the rods or just a change.

Remember its a badge 1st and foremost, forget the badge and get the rod thats right for you.

If you like the powerful rods I'd probably recommend the M4 evo:bb:

Jim
just a change jim really centry rods are a really nice rod but i feall the need for a change and what better rod than a zippy will look at the m4 evo though jim is it suited for rough ground etc or not really?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Instead of a change to zziplex how about a cono flex ?

All I use are century's with the komp SS my first choice to fish with.

But at the moment I am re-building a cono flex NEMESIS PLUS SLR for one of my mates
And it feels like a real nice fishing+casting rod !!! In fact I'm giving some thought into getting one as a blank to build for myself !

As I say just another option for you to look at

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
I always have a soft spot for Primo Synchro's and no zziplex collection would be complete without one. However the new glass tipped Bullet's are something else. There again so were the HSM's when they came out , and the M4 Hi-flex match and the newest on the block for those with small hands the M4 EVO GT [ glass tip ]. Have fun choosing . :cc_surren :fish::fishing:

·
Registered
906 Posts
Try to get your hands on as many as possible would be the ideal scenario. i myself have been using the new glass tip bullet and have to say i absolutely love it.
Another as mentioned would be the M4 Evo, and yes this would be ideal for some rougher stuff too. not yet seen the glass tip version but if its the same pedigree as all the other new zziplex glass tip rods then it could be a very good fishing rod as bite detection was about all that was missing from the M4 evo..........

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
For clean to medium ground i use an hsm and profile evo which cast
very well and bite detection is superb.
On the heavier side i use a primo synchro hiflex with the longer 4inch
butt which has an extra power point in the butt good for your area.
or go for the m4 evo gt with glass tip all nice slim rods.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
right i think the time has come for me too move from centry too zippys i want a rod that is good too cast with for fishing i aint too bothered about price as ill keep them for a few years any way any suggestions my current rods are a centry tts and the ssp(super sport)all veiws wecomed,thanx
i notice you allready use a tts and whont to try a zippy and you fish the bc , then i surgest the hi-flex bullet , great all round rod good bite detection , fantastic casting machine , light , user friendly , and plenty of back bone for strong tides and rough stuff , shows bites off flounders and tiny bass , can be used from clean beaches to rough ground , and then take it up the casting courts , lovly rod:wiggle::wiggle::wiggle::wiggle:

·
Registered
31 Posts
just purchased two zziplex bullets. but i am using m427 butts with them i must say what a great combo, that is supper casting and fishing rods. the longer m427 butts make them 14foot 2inch i do prefer longer rods. as the standerd bullets are only thirteen foot. :wiggle:

·
**72**
4,716 Posts
Just some info for some, the M4 Evo GT is no more and only ever 20 made, its now the M4 GT and its an un ground blank finish :fish: :wub:

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Just some info for some, the M4 Evo GT is no more and only ever 20 made, its now the M4 GT and its an un ground blank finish :fish: :wub:
Thats interesting, they already have an M4 Hi-flex with glass tip.
I wonder what the difference is between this and the M4 gt [glass tip ].
:fish::fishing:

·
**72**
4,716 Posts
Thats interesting, they already have an M4 Hi-flex with glass tip.
I wonder what the difference is between this and the M4 gt [glass tip ].
:fish::fishing:
Its an M4 Evo GT (20% more power etc) with the glass tip, just badged as M4 GT and unground blank, Ive got an M4 Hi-Flex and its nothing like the GT's glass tip. :fish: I belive the M4 GT will be one to watch this winter :wiggle:

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Its an M4 Evo GT (20% more power etc) with the glass tip, just badged as M4 GT and unground blank, Ive got an M4 Hi-Flex and its nothing like the GT's glass tip. :fish: I belive the M4 GT will be one to watch this winter :wiggle:
Thanks for that . When you said it was no more i thought what a shame because an M4 EVO with a powerful glass tip would take some beating. :fish::fishing:

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
My m4 evo gt is not comparable with the m4 hi-flex,the m4 evo is a far stiffer rod but gives way to an amazing glass tip but its a stiffer tip than the hi-flex if that makes any sence.
will get a m4gt when they a more obtainable and compare with the evo gt.

Rich

1 - 18 of 18 Posts