World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
TEAM FORESHORE
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
quality frozen sandeels and rag wanted,coming down to fish porthcawl pier on the 6th and dont know my way about ,, any decent shops in that area open early ? ... tight uns ryan:victory: if not i will have to bother one of the lads meeting me there lol..

·
Banned
613 Posts
harbour sports is right by the pier, but i think they get bait from dragon baits so why not call dragon baits on the way, they open at 6 but i've been served about 5.30 before.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Sandeel & Rag will both keep for a day if prepped properly and kept cold. Sandeel in a freezer box with ice or freezer blocks on the bottom and wet newspaper layered and place the sandeel in a paper layer sandwhich (keep them apart) and they'll last a couple of days.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
hi there ryan
ewenny angling open at 8am you should get everything you need there take a cool bag with of ice put ice into a plastic bag or ice blocks and get a lb of live sandeels you will get about 50 eels for £12 in money ask them to soak the paper they wrap them in they should stay alive for the duration of your session
take a box of squid as a back up ragworm doesnt really work of the pier only for in close to the wall where you should get pollock pouting small whiting
as far as directions for ewenny angling go onto yell.com put in ewenny angling cf31 3ap ewenny angling will come up and ask you to input where you are travelling from it will then give you full directions including a map
hope this helps gerwyn

1 - 4 of 4 Posts