World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some aerlex xs reels, 2 x 7000 and 1 x 6000 is it worth upgrading to the Aerlex XTB 10000 as the XS has been discontinued and I cant buy spare spools for them. But I dont want to get the XTB if they are not as good.

·
Registered
8,865 Posts
I have some aerlex xs reels, 2 x 7000 and 1 x 6000 is it worth upgrading to the Aerlex XTB 10000 as the XS has been discontinued and I cant buy spare spools for them. But I dont want to get the XTB if they are not as good.

Aerlex XS are good still have some here somewhere? The Bearing conversion increases there life and makes them nicer and tighter the 6/7 and 8 are all the same just spool depth 6 is great for braid.
not had a look/play/seen the 10.000 as ive Aero Techs and Power Aeros now but depends on how much there coming for as others out there

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Aerlex XS are good still have some here somewhere?
So has Basschasing Boy his are immaculate the blue version.I know because I sold them to him and he hasn't used them since.They were new when I sold them,all I had done was put line on them.:thumbsup:.Wish I'd kept them now.:(:)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I saw some second hand xtb's so thats why I asked about them i plan on using them for both sea and carp I prefer the colour of the xtb they will match up with my rods. Websites selling these said they are good for both sea and lake fishing. I'm not that bothered about colour really its mainly the bigger size and being the newer models I can get more spools easier. I can barely find information on the XS's now so I'm guessing they're pretty old

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would probably keep the XS but the sizes aren't that big. I bought them second hand but they look new still haven't even tested them myself yet but I keep seeing that for sea fishing you need bigger sizes. Unless I fish with just braid but they have brand new 15lb mono on them so would be wasteful and expensive to switch them all to braid I have a spare 6000 spool with braid on it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've just been comparing the 2 on shimanos website the details are exactly the same the only difference is the colour

·
Registered
8,865 Posts
I would probably keep the XS but the sizes aren't that big. I bought them second hand but they look new still haven't even tested them myself yet but I keep seeing that for sea fishing you need bigger sizes. Unless I fish with just braid but they have brand new 15lb mono on them so would be wasteful and expensive to switch them all to braid I have a spare 6000 spool with braid on it.

7000 is about best all round size as 8000 just takes loads of line that never sees light of day!
The 10 has a longer spool where size number comes from.
My XS's casted good bit slower on retrieve to ultegras even have one of the originals black n gold titanos with finger pick up bail

XTB's ok for sea just watch the bait cap needs keeping cack out you can change drag knob to other type just noticed they dropped bait runner cap on xtb so just colour different

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
7000 is about best all round size as 8000 just takes loads of line that never sees light of day!
The 10 has a longer spool where size number comes from.
My XS's casted good bit slower on retrieve to ultegras even have one of the originals black n gold titanos with finger pick up bail

XTB's ok for sea just watch the bait cap needs keeping cack out you can change drag knob to other type just noticed they dropped bait runner cap on xtb so just colour different
Dont suppose you know where I can get more 7000 spools?

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
So has Basschasing Boy his are immaculate the blue version.I know because I sold them to him and he hasn't used them since.They were new when I sold them,all I had done was put line on them.:thumbsup:.Wish I'd kept them now.:(:)
OH NO HE DOESNT.. BOTH NOW SOLD NOW GOT A PAIR OF 8000 OCs. FOR THE BOAT, BUT DO WITH I HAD KEPT ONE LOVELY REELS
RREGARDS STEVE

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I like the reels just disappointed I cant get parts anymore. I will just use them until they are knackered. I will use them for carp and cat fishing mostly. But will occasionally do a bit of sea fishing. I've setup one of the 7000s for use in the sea with a beach caster the other 6000 and 7000 I will use for carp or cats since most lakes I use aren't that big so cant imagine I'd need bigger spools anyway.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts