World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Severn Area Rescue
12,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well after months of planning and waiting for the weather and tides to match we finally launched from affan boat club yesterday, after talking to a few of the locals we headed just in front of the steel works, first cast hit the water and the first dog of the day mph1954 wound in to find a baby thornback fould hooked, and and then it wasa dogs with more dogs and the more dogs, so we decided to head over mumbles way and met up with another lad that's based at afan , more dogs followed by dogs with more dogs and more dogs we then decided to have another move for the last hour when mph1954 had a diffrant type of bite wound in to find a nice little dab so we decided to stay mph1954 picked up another dab and a small whiting and i managed yes you guessed it more dogs!!!! and a pin whiting. but as the first trip out for the boat for 6 months and the first time we launched and recovered from afan we called the day a success:) weather was perfect and looking forward to next weekend when we can do it all again

results wilba far 2 many doggies,whiting
mph1954 1 thornback,far 2 many doggies,2 whiting,2 dab

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Glad to see you managed your first trip from Afan (one f):oops: we went down 3 Cliffs, (St Christophers Knoll) on the way to Oxwich, & Paid4 who was on board with me went "dab mad" using a "helicopter rig" which is basically a 2 hook flapper with a 2oz weight on the top, & a 4oz on the bottom, he was bringing the bloody things in 2 at a time at one stage!:nonono:
I stuck with my spoons & beads, & caught next to nothing, to his obvious delight!
We moved to Port Eynon at low water but did no good, so we came back to the Knoll to fish the flood, but it never fished at all well, so we came back up & fished off the Lighthouse, but it was poor there as well. I reckon we are 3-4 weeks early still, I dont usually start until May, now I know why!:g: Stick at it, the bream, plaice, & bass will soon be about.:yahoo:
blueskip

·
Severn Area Rescue
12,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Glad to see you managed your first trip from Afan (one f):oops: we went down 3 Cliffs, (St Christophers Knoll) on the way to Oxwich, & Paid4 who was on board with me went "dab mad" using a "helicopter rig" which is basically a 2 hook flapper with a 2oz weight on the top, & a 4oz on the bottom, he was bringing the bloody things in 2 at a time at one stage!:nonono:
I stuck with my spoons & beads, & caught next to nothing, to his obvious delight!
We moved to Port Eynon at low water but did no good, so we came back to the Knoll to fish the flood, but it never fished at all well, so we came back up & fished off the Lighthouse, but it was poor there as well. I reckon we are 3-4 weeks early still, I dont usually start until May, now I know why!:g: Stick at it, the bream, plaice, & bass will soon be about.:yahoo:
blueskip

helicopter rig sounds intresting will have to give it a go:) when u get chance blueskip can u send me the numbers for the knoll? what time was you at the light house as we was there from 4pm till about 6 we was 50 yards from steve from the club?

·
Registered
21,236 Posts
fished of the mumbles pier last night,and yes the doggies were there too.good to catch a lot for a change though:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts