World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Severn Area Rescue
12,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the plan was to fish the knoll but was late getting out (3 pm)and decided to fish a bit closer ended up just of mumbles infront of the bouy mph1954 bought a fladen maximas 10lb class rod in gary evens on the way down and was having great fun with the doggies on a running ledger rig, i was trying out a paid4helicopter rig that fished well was having a nice flow of whiting,doggies and a codling but couldent find the dabs we were hoping for, weather was great, and only slight swell we upped anchor at 6pm and headed for base to recover the boat.

results me lots of whiting a 5 dogs and a codling
mph1954 lots and lots of doggi's and a fair few whiting

tight lines wilba

· Registered
12,188 Posts
You are getting to be quite the regular visitor now, that rig of Paid4s is magic when you get into dab country! I'm not going to bother for a couple of weeks yet, its still early & I reckon May is early enough, with luck the bream should be about then, will give you a shout on the VHF when I am next out!;)
blueskip

· Severn Area Rescue
12,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are getting to be quite the regular visitor now, that rig of Paid4s is magic when you get into dab country! I'm not going to bother for a couple of weeks yet, its still early & I reckon May is early enough, with luck the bream should be about then, will give you a shout on the VHF when I am next out!;)
blueskip
its a learning curve for us at swansea area so we just happy to be out

will be good to meet at sea some time :) what channel do u normally use?

wilba

G

·
its a learning curve for us at swansea area so we just happy to be out

will be good to meet at sea some time :) what channel do u normally use?

wilba
wilma mate you use 16 !! always listen on 16 as if you have an emergency then you don't have to mess trying to find it.
call the boat you want (as they are there on 16) if they answer they choose the channel they want to speak to you when they reply.
change to that channel and wait for them to call you

simple really

· Registered
1,780 Posts
cheers sabretooth

it was just a few of the lads that lauch from afan stay on channel 8 i think they said
If you have dual watch on your radio you can listen to both, whoever is the stronger signal the set switches to that channel and when all quite goes back to listening on both unles you use the radio, then it stops on that channel.

Regards

Dave
:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.