World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
There is no set in stone spacing as you will have to judge yourself where and how many guides to put on, I've rebuilt my f/s 13 footer but I ditched the guide on the butt section as it don't need one there as it's a stiffish butt, I put minima 4's on mine only £15 for a set of 7, 40mm to 16mm tip

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cheers meanstreak ,,basically my mate is converting back to fs,,he has the m version and wants me to rebuid em ,,no probs there ,,i have said to him it may be better to get his ass on here and see if theres a swap in classifieds but that will mean postage etc etc +plus its along shot i think,,he has a pair of these and a pair of 525 s..he has no money tho ,,so as a m8 i said id do em at no charge ,,he just buys the rings ..of course i suppose i could just ring jules up as i have a m8 whos a drinking buddy of his lol

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is no set in stone spacing as you will have to judge yourself where and how many guides to put on, I've rebuilt my f/s 13 footer but I ditched the guide on the butt section as it don't need one there as it's a stiffish butt, I put minima 4's on mine only £15 for a set of 7, 40mm to 16mm tip
ive suggested minima ,,but i think he wants kwags ,,,his choice lol

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
Very expensive choice going for k guides lol , I'd strip the blank and just tape the guides on untill you're happy with the positions, I see no need for guides on the butt section as it don't bend that much unless you cast like Big Danny lol

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol ,,his name is DANNY ..he is a very good caster imo ..but not as good as big M,,yes i agree with the minima statement ..no ring on butt ? wouldnt the oscilation of a fs slap on the blank ?? ..im here to learn so will happily be corrected :help:

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
My Supercasts have no guides on the butt section and line slap is not an issue, having a guide too close to the reel will cut your cast down unless it is huge lol, 50mm guides are hard to get now so it makes sense to move 40mm guides further away from the reel,

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lol ,,his name is DANNY ..he is a very good caster imo ..but not as good as big M,,yes i agree with the minima statement ..no ring on butt ? wouldnt the oscilation of a fs slap on the blank ?? ..im here to learn so will happily be corrected :help:
doh ,,ignore this i just looked at my fs daiwa ,,they dont have ring on butt ,,,getting confused with multis with reel in low position ,,im just not awake yet

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Pic of a six and bait mk II fs at my first attempt at casting over grass. Only 140m odd but a fair bit of bend going on. If you don't have a ring on the top of the butt section won't that mean the line is inside the curve of the rod and more likely to wrap a ring?

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Pic of a six and bait mk II fs at my first attempt at casting over grass. Only 140m odd but a fair bit of bend going on. If you don't have a ring on the top of the butt section won't that mean the line is inside the curve of the rod and more likely to wrap a ring?

View attachment 152295
oh ,,now theres a question ?:help:

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Why aren't you fishing? I'm getting ready to go and hammer some Whiting out at Weybourne, ht at 6-30 so going to fish from 4 - I run out of bait
im actually not well ..tonsilitus ,and manflu..only my 3rd day off in 26 yrs of work "same job " lol ,,good luck later ,,im sure we will meet on a beach soon ,,may even hit sherri again sat or sunday night !pending on how i feel

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.