World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after placing my order last January for delivery in March, followed by a few false hopes over the following months my new Orkney longliner 2 finally made it up't North late yesterday. I got a call this morning to pop in & see it as well as discussing fitting it out. The only downside is that there's no engine to hang on the back until the next shipment due sometime in January. Still the positive is that everything will be ready to go for the coming spring.
Boat trailer Tire Wheel Boat Watercraft

Automotive design Motor vehicle Gas Gadget Machine

Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
Awesome! You must be as delighted as getting that last cast proposition after a day of blanks 🍻

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sticking a 25hp Mariner on, could have had a 20hp a month a go but after all this time I'll wait for the 25. There appears to be a shortage of new outboards of all sizes in the UK at the moment. Will update when I finally get to sit the completed Boat sat on my drive.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Sticking a 25hp Mariner on, could have had a 20hp a month a go but after all this time I'll wait for the 25
Good decision - you'll notice the difference between 20 and 25hp even if you're solo aboard. I've had a Longliner for over 4 years now and have generally been very happy with it.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Had a call from CTC Marine who are supplying & fitting out the boat for me this morning. Lindsay who runs CTC is keeping me informed & involved in kitting her out to the way I want everything. Today was the fine tuning of the control box & battery kill switch. Whilst there a couple of other things came up that we'd forgotten about on the last visit, like a fuel / water filter (something I think is more important with E10 petrol), lock for the outboard & positioning of aux engine bracket also a narrow boarding ladder for the odd time I might beach launch.
I've always had great service at CTC going back to the mid 90's when I bought my first new engines from them. Back then it was run by Lindsay's father, a true gent and happy to say I think the tradition is being carried on.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts