World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i went down east aberthaw today with some crab i had left over from a bass sesh yesterday.
got to chosen mark around a hour before low, first cast snag lost the lot, second cast snag lost the lot,third cast snag lost the lot,
wind wasn,t helping quite brezzy straight in your face and slightly from the east (left).was a bit peed of by this time but i had a sneaky feeling i could pull one out.
had a little look around for some goodies but as the tides were droping all the goodies have been taken on the weekend on the big tides.:nonono:
the tide had just started to flood and i thought lets have another go,the wind did ease a little also giving me a bit more confidence to lay into the cast.
out she went,rod on stand out of gear and ratchet on.
started sorting out another trace when the ratchets off,not a long run but enough to get my attention.fish on after about 5 min of playing the fish i shouted to these peeps who had set up down from me,i was shouting for them to give us a hand,did not want a hand rearly just a pic.lol .anyway there was no responce,looked like they did not know what they were doing as one of them hit the ground with his pier rod whilst casting.i did manage to land the fish a common,now it was time to try out my new sling i had off e bay for less than £5 with postage.
the fish went 9lb 12oz.after i returned it i thought i never got a pic.its hard work trying to remember everything scales sling move back as the tide was coming in ,i was not very organised today,a bit of company would have made things a lot easier.
cast out again ratchet off again fish on but took me to ground and i couldn,t budge it.
i went up to the right down to the left but no lost it.
out it went again then i missed a run .
then out again screeming run and this time it was on ,good scrap landed it went 10lb 6oz stary.
another cast saw my ratchet screem off this time but i was a bit slow and missed it also lost the end gear.
out again another run fish on but got snagged again it felt as if i was caught up in line ,lost the lot again.
set up for my last cast as i was getting a bit tired sweating like i dont know what.went for a big cast and snap best cast of the day but with a big nest on my reel.
lost a lot of gear today but ended up with 2 fish ,did have a pic of the second fish well a vid,not very good though as its prity dificult trying to put a fish back safely whilst filming yourself.
will put pics up at the end of the week when iv finished my weeks fishing.
back on the bass tommoro up the gower.
tight lines roamer.

·
C.T.A.C
4,909 Posts
Awesome report and sesh Jeff:clap3::clap3:

I still can't believe i only lost two leads when i was there the other night, i'm not rubbing it in honestly LOL!!!:lmao:

Look forward to your pic/vid clips:thumbs:

G

·
i went down east aberthaw today with some crab i had left over from a bass sesh yesterday.
got to chosen mark around a hour before low, first cast snag lost the lot, second cast snag lost the lot,third cast snag lost the lot,
wind wasn,t helping quite brezzy straight in your face and slightly from the east (left).was a bit peed of by this time but i had a sneaky feeling i could pull one out.
had a little look around for some goodies but as the tides were droping all the goodies have been taken on the weekend on the big tides.:nonono:
the tide had just started to flood and i thought lets have another go,the wind did ease a little also giving me a bit more confidence to lay into the cast.
out she went,rod on stand out of gear and ratchet on.
started sorting out another trace when the ratchets off,not a long run but enough to get my attention.fish on after about 5 min of playing the fish i shouted to these peeps who had set up down from me,i was shouting for them to give us a hand,did not want a hand rearly just a pic.lol .anyway there was no responce,looked like they did not know what they were doing as one of them hit the ground with his pier rod whilst casting.i did manage to land the fish a common,now it was time to try out my new sling i had off e bay for less than £5 with postage.
the fish went 9lb 12oz.after i returned it i thought i never got a pic.its hard work trying to remember everything scales sling move back as the tide was coming in ,i was not very organised today,a bit of company would have made things a lot easier.
cast out again ratchet off again fish on but took me to ground and i couldn,t budge it.
i went up to the right down to the left but no lost it.
out it went again then i missed a run .
then out again screeming run and this time it was on ,good scrap landed it went 10lb 6oz stary.
another cast saw my ratchet screem off this time but i was a bit slow and missed it also lost the end gear.
out again another run fish on but got snagged again it felt as if i was caught up in line ,lost the lot again.
set up for my last cast as i was getting a bit tired sweating like i dont know what.went for a big cast and snap best cast of the day but with a big nest on my reel.
lost a lot of gear today but ended up with 2 fish ,did have a pic of the second fish well a vid,not very good though as its prity dificult trying to put a fish back safely whilst filming yourself.
will put pics up at the end of the week when iv finished my weeks fishing.
back on the bass tommoro up the gower.
tight lines roamer.
nice one jeff mate.:clap3::clap3::notworthy:notworthy

·
C.T.A.C
4,909 Posts
i fished down the 2 weeks back and had 4 fish out and only lost 5 leads.
no traces.but you want the lead to come off when you get a fish on.

That's what i was surprised at - I had a 12lb weakened weak link, caught 2 hounds, and they still didn't manage to break the lead free of the weak link - strange that.
When i used the exact same weak link set up at west aberthaw, every smoothie bar on my last cast, which was the smallest hound, had broke the weight off. Maybe i got lucky on the east side, i certainly ain't complaining - wish that could happen more ofen and not risk losing the fish;)

Anyway, good luck on your Gower jaunt:thumbs:

·
Banned
15,040 Posts
Great sesh there Jeff m8 :thumbs:
E or W?

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts