World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi people, my new shakespeare agility 2 long surf has just arrived, I've chosen the 4 to 8oz version and on inspension seems like a decent rod, bought it to upgrade from my first cheapo beachcaster I bought earlier in the year when I was unsure whether I'd get into it or not, I just wondered if any of you guys had any info on the rod or if any of you guys own one? Thabkyou in advance

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
I've seen one in use and in the shop and they seem good for the price they are. The rings and reel seat are likely to be the areas to show wear first. I use the agility flattie lots and they seem to be staying like new with a simple rinse every trip.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds pretty good, and yeah I've been looking at the flattie version myself, they look really light, thought about getting a couple for the estuary fishing for the colder months, are they as light and sensitive as they look pal?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Bought a pair of them, with Surf 70 spool reels: been excellent since July last year, for all manner of beach fishing.
Using spiderwire braid, tips are very sensitive, enough to pick up on small pout/whiting/flats, and have had a couple of decent bass and cod.
Max weight I have used has been 6oz in heavier conditions, with 4/0 pennel rig half-mackerel baits and a lower short snood 2/0 with lug, so a fair load.
In calmer weather 4oz grippers fly out very easily - without any extreme effort.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts