World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Lads,

I have acquired an Aiken model S 9 ft rod and according to the label on the second section IE tip end, is British made, hand built in London, but that is it ?? no casting weight, or what it is/intended use ??

Not much to go on I know.
I am not sure how old it is ? it has fugie eyes which seem to be original, and would appear to be carbon composit ?
The rod overall is in reasonable, usable condition, fairly light, and seems well balanced.

I have searched the internet but cannot get any info which seems strange ??
Aiken 001.jpg Aiken 002.jpg Aiken 003.jpg

Would any of you lads know anything about this rod ?? and be able to tell me what I have got, and what it is used for ?? casting weight etc.

Many many thanks in advance, and any infor really appreciated

Regards
Rob

·
Registered
8,136 Posts
Hi Lads,

I have acquired an Aiken model S 9 ft rod and according to the label on the second section IE tip end, is British made, hand built in London, but that is it ?? no casting weight, or what it is/intended use ??

Not much to go on I know.
I am not sure how old it is ? it has fugie eyes which seem to be original, and would appear to be carbon composit ?
The rod overall is in reasonable, usable condition, fairly light, and seems well balanced.

I have searched the internet but cannot get any info which seems strange ??
View attachment 203522 View attachment 203523 View attachment 203524

Would any of you lads know anything about this rod ?? and be able to tell me what I have got, and what it is used for ?? casting weight etc.

Many many thanks in advance, and any infor really appreciated

Regards
Rob
Aiken rods were usually built on a North Western blank .... and that definitely looks like the carbon uptide from NW that was around prior to their carbon kevlar model.

They are a wonderful rod Rob! Much better than most of the current ones I've handled. For info Sealey built an almost identical uptider on the same blank but screwed it up by getting the ring spacing completely wrong.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts