World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,745 Posts
I assumed the OP wants a replacement for a lost or damaged air deck - they need to be a tight fit to the shape of the boat and have the correct locators for fitting into the transom fittings, but all that I've seen are removable.

For a boat that's offered with either solid floor or an air-deck, I would think you could convert by simply buying the transom fittings and you would also need any cross planks the deck should have, but if the OP is wanting to convert a boat that was never offered with an air-deck, I doubt you could find a suitable conversion.

To the OP: On the outside chance the boat in question is a Quicksilver 310 with an aluminium or wooden floor that you want to swap to an air-deck, I would bite your hand off to give you my air-deck in return for a solid floor.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
My 4.2 zodiac had an air deck, when it became impossible to keep it inflated for more than an hour or two I enquired about a replacement, it was over £500 probably 6-7 years ago so I converted it to a ply deck and the boat was much better for it.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I assumed the OP wants a replacement for a lost or damaged air deck - they need to be a tight fit to the shape of the boat and have the correct locators for fitting into the transom fittings, but all that I've seen are removable.

For a boat that's offered with either solid floor or an air-deck, I would think you could convert by simply buying the transom fittings and you would also need any cross planks the deck should have, but if the OP is wanting to convert a boat that was never offered with an air-deck, I doubt you could find a suitable conversion.

To the OP: On the outside chance the boat in question is a Quicksilver 310 with an aluminium or wooden floor that you want to swap to an air-deck, I would bite your hand off to give you my air-deck in return for a solid floor.
Hi Clinker,You learn something new every day,the one we had was an integral `v`hull.The transome kept unbonding from the tubes so we replaced it with an aluminum hull 9ft AB,a better bit of kit altogether.
Regards Dave.

·
Registered
559 Posts
We used to love our little "Salty Pig" We used to carry it onto the beach, unfold inflate and launch. easy peezy... We never paid for any slipway fees or Harbour Fees.. We still have it now...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cheers guys. i already have a ply floor,which is a bit of a pain to put in and take out.and a bit heavy when on my own.i do like the solid floor for fishing.but was after an airdeck for shorter trips,maybe with a thinner bit of ply underneath.or looking for some lighter material to make one.by the way its a waveline 2.9m v hull

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
cheers guys. i already have a ply floor,which is a bit of a pain to put in and take out.and a bit heavy when on my own.i do like the solid floor for fishing.but was after an airdeck for shorter trips,maybe with a thinner bit of ply underneath.or looking for some lighter material to make one.by the way its a waveline 2.9m v hull
Yes I can see it would be a pain if you deflate it and roll it up to transport, my ply floor was ok because I kept it inflated.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts