World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am looking to add an AIS transponder to the boat, preferably with WiFi to link to the iPad but the only ones I have seen are about £700, anyone have any recommendation?

·
Global Moderator
2,618 Posts
I have the sart version of this and its fantastic- and half the price of everything else.

If you speak to avesmarine they will tell you if its possible to add a wifi dongle to get it to the ipad somehow but i wouldnt hold much hope of it. It does hookup to chartplotters though.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the sart version of this and its fantastic- and half the price of everything else.

If you speak to avesmarine they will tell you if its possible to add a wifi dongle to get it to the ipad somehow but i wouldnt hold much hope of it. It does hookup to chartplotters though.
Thanks, I shall take a look, I have 2 chart plotters but I prefer to use the iPad

·
Global Moderator
2,618 Posts
Thanks, I shall take a look, I have 2 chart plotters but I prefer to use the iPad
Depending on your other kit and what you are running on ipad/ its limitations, if you go ais on ipad you may be missing out on selectice calling options where yoau click a target on the plotter and can call it automatically on vhf without having to manually input or manually call.

·
Registered
5,257 Posts
What's wrong with your foghorns then Mi'Lady, who needs the VHF when you have 150 decibels, two arms and 10 fingers to signal your particular displeasure? Fog permitting of course ;)

·
Global Moderator
2,618 Posts
What's wrong with your foghorns then Mi'Lady, who needs the VHF when you have 150 decibels, two arms and 10 fingers to signal your particular displeasure? Fog permitting of course ;)
Well Duh!
My foghorns wont work on smoothounds boat will they! 🙄🙄🙄

·
Registered
5,257 Posts
Your answer was so passionate I thought your foghorn project might get lonely. For a moment you sounded like you were siding with me, which would have been a good thing. All these projects of yours when what we want to see is that engine running and taking you past the breakwater. Talking of which you promised to come up and take me fishing. All these days I've now spent at sea this year and the rods not picked up once. I keep going to fetch a rod but never somehow seem to make it past the drinks fridge. Cant see to tie a knot these days, my arms must have shrunk or something.

·
Global Moderator
2,618 Posts
Your answer was so passionate I thought your foghorn project might get lonely. For a moment you sounded like you were siding with me, which would have been a good thing. All these projects of yours when what we want to see is that engine running and taking you past the breakwater. Talking of which you promised to come up and take me fishing. All these days I've now spent at sea this year and the rods not picked up once. I keep going to fetch a rod but never somehow seem to make it past the drinks fridge. Cant see to tie a knot these days, my arms must have shrunk or something.
See other thread.... i cant think about the welsh med when i have an ear worm... which you want to keep in the top of my mind.
As i said, got a little more work on the waterlock to make and then assemble the exhaust. Then- im taking tadpole out for a well deserved, well earnt spin.

·
Registered
5,257 Posts
How is our moustachioed little amphibian? So you put him to work. Most excellent, he always struck me as a lazy goofoff with potential. I'm pleased to hear you found his potential.

·
Global Moderator
2,618 Posts
How is our moustachioed little amphibian? So you put him to work. Most excellent, he always struck me as a lazy goofoff with potential. I'm pleased to hear you found his potential.
Lol. Hes doing fine, working hard apparently and keeping out of trouble. Busy trying to catch what little fish there are around here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts