World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just come back from the most incredible day's shark fishing out of Milford Haven, courtesy of Dave Lewis who kindly put up a days shark fishing for two in the auction.
I travelled over from Jersey with my mate Andy to go out on Whitewater 3, skippered by Andrew Alford. After checking out the website, I was dribbling at the mouth...
I can't do justice to the day on this site. On the way out we saw puffins, shearwaters, storm petrels, dozens of dolphins and a minke whale. The day was magic before the fishing started. The company was magnificent and Andy Alford and Julian, who acted as his crew worked harder than I've ever seen a charter skipper work. This guy is so knowledgable, treats the fish with respect and is a walking legend as far as I am concerned.
Oh yes, the fishing! Well my mate Andy got his first shark, a blue of 85lb, and I landed a porbeagle of 200lb! Everyone on board had a shark, all returned safely and unharmed.
It just does not get any better than that. Thank you so much Dave, Andy and Julian; we will be back for a couple of days next year!
Thanks also to Cascars for organising the auction, and at the risk of being thought a big southern poofter, I did offer up a small prayer while playing the big 'un for Alan and his family.:sad:

G

·
I am so pleased to hear that you had such a great day:clap:. I am sure that Alan must be looking down and organising this fantastic weather for the charity trips.
I look forward to seeing some pictures of the day

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Marcus, you're right, I got his name wrong, what a knob! You're also right when you say he's one of the best skippers around....

·
C.T.A.C
4,909 Posts
Great sesh mate - Hope there's some pics from it to show us all;)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Great sesh mate - Hope there's some pics from it to show us all;)
A full set of images from the day are on their way on a disc to Nick. He is welcome to put a few on here if he likes, it was a hell of a big fish & well deserved! I'd put a few on myself but honestly I wouldn't know where to start!

Dave

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Well done Nick. That part of the world is certainly beautifu. Great wildlife and great fishing. :sun:

G

·
Very well done Nick!

You have managed to get me drooling at the very thought so keep your fingers crossed for good weather as I am due out with Andrew on Monday.

Fantastic stuff on the Porgie! What gear were you using?

Tom

1 - 12 of 12 Posts