World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have just learnt of the sad news of the passing of Alan Gilbert, condolences to his wife and family and to Micky Webb,Alans brother in law. A very sad loss to the South coast angling fraternity.May He rest in peace.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
RIP ALAN:eek:hmy:

I am numb.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Rest in peace Alan gilbert...its a sad day and my thoughts go out to his friends and family....a true loss to the sea angling world.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
RIP Alan thoughts to freinds and family

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
I met Alan, and had the opportunity to fish with him a couple of times, just during the last 12 months. The first time I met him, he showed me a cracking garfish rig that really does the business. This was while we were fishing the same match, where garfish could easily have won it. I think that is a good measure of the man. Selfless and so commited to angling in a way not many can muster, I enjoyed his company immensley, and will miss him, and his knowledge that was always there on the end of the phone if I needed it ( and I often did). R.I.P. Alan, I'll take the peg between you and Graham when its my turn.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Didn't know Alan, but just by reading all the comments on this thread, he was a well respected angler.
My thoughts go to those who did know him well and his family.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
most people by now know that alan lost his fight yesterday afternoon against that terrible desease that grabbed him in his prime of life..... alan was firstly a big family man,jane his wife and nicky and martin his two kids he would do almost anything for them,,well almost! fishing was his second love,,,, alan was a major player in the south coast and nationwide sea match scene,, a member until recently of the highly succesful prime angling match team,,long time member of the isac league and last but not least he represented england at international level on many occasions,,later on in alans england career he moved into coaching and managing the england junior team with good success so he kept telling me..right till the end it was fishing ,, fishing , fishing for alan...not only have his family lost there dad, ive lost a well good brother in law and a fishing buddy to.... he,ll be well missed ...

·
She Pirate and Global Moderator
12,629 Posts
I didn't know Allan, but it seems he was a well liked and respected guy...

R.I.P Allan, My thoughts are with your family and friends,

1 - 20 of 46 Posts