World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My recently acquired Shetland Alaska 500 needs re-wiring and I'm wondering where to site the fusebox.

The original fitting, such as it is, is at knee level under the helm console. It's nicely protected from the elements there, but I'm wondering if other owners had found anywhere a bit more accessible to site a replacement?

On recommendations from this forum, I've ordered one of these Blue Sea 5026 units to use in my rewire

·
Registered
201 Posts
My recently acquired Shetland Alaska 500 needs re-wiring and I'm wondering where to site the fusebox.

The original fitting, such as it is, is at knee level under the helm console. It's nicely protected from the elements there, but I'm wondering if other owners had found anywhere a bit more accessible to site a replacement?
i site'd our fuse box on our alaska just to the left hand side under the console (just above your fuel tank), it's nice and accessible and mounted very easily with 4 stainless bolts.

i also changed all the terminals on my wires to adhesive lined heat shrink terminals and tidied up all the cable's with sticky back cable clips

·
Registered
201 Posts
the elusive ebay

1 - 4 of 4 Posts