World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the night tide through to early morning with my dad, just by the hotel (Brundenell?), a few anglers around this area, and also down by the Martello tower. The tide was pretty much as I would expect at the Viewpoint at Felixstowe, with very little in the way of waves, and with a very small difference in tide height until late in the ebb (I think high water was around 3am). Until dawn, we only had two fish, a whiting and a codling of similar size of about 1lb 4oz; interestingly, we caught them both on squid at maximum range, lugworms and peeler crab bringing no results.

At dawn, the short range rod produced four fish in quick succession to lugworm, these being: 2 small codling; a rockling; and our first school bass of the year (small). Then, it was back to the distance rod, with squid again producing a codling of around 1lb 8oz, and finally a hugely savage bite, producing a dogfish of 1lb 4oz (curses to the digital scales, as it looked like 2lbs at least:g: ).

This session saw the introduction of the DVice into our fishing, and it came up trumps, as now I can cast squid (or virtually anything else) without fear of unclipping, though I still had to elasticate the baits to counter the incessant crab activity.
Thanks to One Cod Bob for his help during the week, and for the DVices - not as big as your catches, but very happy nonetheless.

Shortcaster

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Nice one shortcaster,

Excellent report, looks like you got to grips with the DVice OK....!:clap3:
Nice pictures too! you might well see one of those on the DVice website soon....:g:

Well done mate,:clap3:

OCB.

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
Nice report shortcaster, good work with the fish. a few for your species list there!
good photos too!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Nice one shortcaster,

Excellent report, looks like you got to grips with the DVice OK....!:clap3:
Nice pictures too! you might well see one of those on the DVice website soon....:g:

Well done mate,:clap3:

OCB.
Hi there Onecod, been on your Dvice web site, very impressed with the feedback on the Dvice. Just wondering when does the baited hook lengths get released from the feeder like tube. (Sorry if im a bit thick) but as im not a big hitter any extra distance i can get would be a bonus, and it seems if everything is tucked inside the Dvice tube you aint got nothing flapping about or unclipping so your gona get some extra meters which would suit me. Many thanks HARRY

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
Thanks for all your kind words, guys:) ! Hope you have a great session on the island, Sharkey.

Shortcaster

I stilll dont know if i have got the night off :(

I will go in the morning if i cant get the night off, im looking forward to it whatever happens:clap2:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hi there Onecod, been on your Dvice web site, very impressed with the feedback on the Dvice. Just wondering when does the baited hook lengths get released from the feeder like tube. (Sorry if im a bit thick) but as im not a big hitter any extra distance i can get would be a bonus, and it seems if everything is tucked inside the Dvice tube you aint got nothing flapping about or unclipping so your gona get some extra meters which would suit me. Many thanks HARRY
Hello Harry,
The DVice ejects the bait as it enters the water.
The DVice does streamline large baits and makes them less akward to cast, this leads to an increase in your casting distance with such baits. The other advantage with the more delicate bait types, is that your bait is protected from most of the casting pressures, leaving you the freedom to worry more about the presentation of your bait, and worry less about how you are going to strap your bait to your hook for casting purposes.
I have just returned from a trip to orford, where the DVice was heavily employed, for the purpose of presenting whole squid at range. The DVice performed perfectly, however, the fishing its self was a little less so. Still thats fishing..!:giveup: Should have been ther last week....!:)

Cheers Harry,

OCB.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts