World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have fished down by the Martello tower before & you jump down for access to the beach.
Just wanted to know if there is anywhere along there or nearby where you can park next to the beach due to not having to walk far to fish & not having to jump down.
Also do any baits work or stick to worm,& is there a local shop or digger for bait.
Thanks

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Not sure about Aldeburgh, but you can fish from your car at Bawdsey Quay. Just hope for a space as only room for a handful of cars near the water.
Where ever you chose I would take fish and squid for a better chance of a ray.

Reactions: Thameside

·
Registered
48 Posts
We tried Bawdsey Quay the other day - fished the last hour of the flood to the top of tide then a couple more hours. When the tide turned to the ebb is was really running and looked to be great conditions for fishing but we didn't have a single knock all day. Just lots and lots and lots of crabs. I'd head to the shingle shore if I were you.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
At least you didn't have to walk far lol. Think it fishes better towards the point passed the groins a couple of hours in to the flood tide

·
Registered
48 Posts
At least you didn't have to walk far lol. Think it fishes better towards the point passed the groins a couple of hours in to the flood tide
Which side Sharkey? Is that the Bawdsey side or Old Felixstowe side? Perhaps it depends which side is getting the on shore wind.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Which side Sharkey? Is that the Bawdsey side or Old Felixstowe side? Perhaps it depends which side is getting the on shore wind.
Hi mate, was referring to Bawdsey side. No idea how much wind direction will effect the fishing as I have not fished it often enough. Don't reckon an on or offshore wind would effect it that much as there is such a strong tide flow

·
Registered
2 Posts
There's a couple of places on the Dirty Wall at Aldeburgh where you can go down steps to the shingle. I went there a week ago and there were plenty of parking spaces. Another spot would be the car park nearest the Scallop at the North end of Aldeburgh - it's just a short walk across the shingle to the sea with the benefit of plenty of tourists and dogs to keep you company. It's a pay car park. It's getting difficult to find parking places that are free - fortunately the Dirty wall still is but maybe I shouldn't have said that.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
There's a couple of places on the Dirty Wall at Aldeburgh where you can go down steps to the shingle. I went there a week ago and there were plenty of parking spaces. Another spot would be the car park nearest the Scallop at the North end of Aldeburgh - it's just a short walk across the shingle to the sea with the benefit of plenty of tourists and dogs to keep you company. It's a pay car park. It's getting difficult to find parking places that are free - fortunately the Dirty wall still is but maybe I shouldn't have said that.
I think you're referring to the Slaughden Yacht Club area at Aldeburgh, you can't park at the 'Dirty Wall' that beach is a very, very long walk past the Martello Tower

1 - 10 of 10 Posts