World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, having been a lazy member for some time now, thought it was about time I started to post some of my catch reports.
Fished Aldeburgh today arriving at around 0900hrs, parked up by the gate and walked for about 20 mins to hopefully get clear of the snags around the groynes which are starting to build up again.
After fishing last week with my lad and getting pestered by tiny whiting & crabs, I decided to go for the big hooks, big bait option and see if any codling were around. Went with 2 rods one a 3/0 pennel rig baited with squid & bluey hit as far as I could, the other rod a 3/0 single hook pulley hit initially at just under 70-80 yards.

High water was at around 1245 and as expected no bother from the whiting with the larger hooks, although the crabs were still active and baits were coming back attacked, so was changing baits every 15 mins. Had a classic slack liner just after high water and reeled in a really ropey looking codling of just over 2lbs, all head, no body, which was quickly released back.This was taken on the Pulley rig, so sat back ready for what I hoped could be an hour or so of action ... unfortunatly this was not to be, nothing else showed, the wind got up and the sea was now getting very lumpy.
I scaled back the single pulley to a double hook 1/0 clipped down rig baited with squid, tipped with mackerel, hit as far as I could into the wind and after an hour had a double shot of whiting. It was now 1400 hrs and there were half a dozen others now on the beach with no signs of anything else being caulght so packed up and headed back to Ipswich.

Not the greatest trip, although pleased to have had a codling, even if it was so poor, hopefully the report may be of use to anyone going this weekend. Will try again on nights next week and see if darkness improves things.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Im going down there tonight but not sure what the road is called that i need to park up on as it is my first time help would be appreciated cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts