World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi chaps i am looking at going to alderney on a 3 day wrecking trip very soon can you tell me whats its fishing like we went in april and it was awesome with pollock turbot brill ling . Do you go what boat do you use and when

tight lines dont they go pull hard

·
Registered
312 Posts
Should be pretty good but if you stick to wrecking you will be missing out on some of the best bass fishing going, although there is some great wreck fishing around the islands.
I am off there next week we are going with Ron Thompson on Electric Blue from Lymington. Most of the Weymouth boats go to Alderney, the most notable being Paul Whittall on Offshore Rebel, He has been going there for longer than most.
The bass fishing should really be taking off now and will just get better and better through till October.As you know the fishing on the banks for the flatties can be phenomanal in the spring and there are pollack in numbers pretty much all through the year.
Most of the skippers who spend most of the summer over there will probably be booked up , but have a ring around or look on http://www.deepsea.co.uk/ most skippers on there have ther vacant or individuals days posted on there.
Will let you know how we get on next week.
Would say April and May for the flatties and then July, August and September for the bassing and reliable weather but If you are willing to take a chance with the weather than early October really can be amazing.
Did an October trip a few years back and 8 of us were getting easily over 100 fish a day, we did get stuck on the island for an extra couple of days though due to the weather.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts