World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A spur of the moment session at the above venue resulted in me being a little later than normal on parade,wasn`t expecting much as i hit the beach on a very damp muggy late afternoon on a poxy tide but still in a nice venue,the first shock was the amount of weed on the shingle......oh s**t,next to enter my line of vision was Dean [fishbother] who i think resides in one of huge mansions backing on to the beach,he bought along a buddy whose name i naturally forgot [as per] but nice bloke anyway,then further along the beach i saw in the distance the twin zippys of the geezer who was having a confrontation with a lady whose dog had just run off with his bait [somethings never change !!!] Unloading the pack in my haste i had forgotten my headlight,dean to the rescue [cheers mate !],then my reel seat came apart,no back up,geezer to the rescue with coasters[cheers mate],using light gear [for me] ttsmld and an abu elite,long single beaded clipped up small eagle claw baited with a small piece of a huge threatening rag i set about after the flattie,4.30 seemed like midnight in the gloom,but hey Dean and his mate had been pulling in bits and bobs including a keeper plaice so worth a shot,1st bite and in it came,i should have recognized the bite but it has been a while......my first ting of the season,i stayed calm and changed rigs to a 3 hook sole small snood flapper with s/shot on aiming at a slack line sole,bites,in came my very first ever micro pouting treble...very rewarding,baiting up again reducing the distance down to 40m,bites,in came my second ever full house of micro pouting,fornication i thought to my self,rig change,single 4/0,1m long clipped down with 2 squid heads on at about 60m,getting really warm,sweaty,couldn`t understand why i had one cold foot till i discovered i`d forgotten a sock,senior moment and i haven`t been very well you know!! Finally something yanked at the bait,i let it develop,another hit,getting hold of the rod i waited for the next one.......there wasn`t a next one,just about summed up my night really,great venue,quality company the big girl got away this time but i`ll be back.......Alan

·
Registered
974 Posts
As always a cracking read Alan shame on the one that got away

·
Registered
20,784 Posts
Cracking read, shame about the wet foot. But on a positive note, at least it wasn't due to lack of bladder control. That really would be having a senior moment!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Was the weed bad as you said there was loads on beach? Me and andylevs were thinking of popping over that way Friday night.....PADDU
Hello Paddy,where you been hiding? As Dean said the water was clear but P and A areas don`t favour neap tides,pouting do though!!

·
Registered
639 Posts
Hi Alan not been doing to much dangling locally been going to shoreham,hove,Brighton to try escape the weed and luckily we did.not had much to write about on here would be good to catch up in the near future. So your saying it won't be too good over A Friday as the tide ain't to big. I will have a chat with Andy and see what he thinks will let you know what we decide, catch up with you soon..... PADDY

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Alan not been doing to much dangling locally been going to shoreham,hove,Brighton to try escape the weed and luckily we did.not had much to write about on here would be good to catch up in the near future. So your saying it won't be too good over A Friday as the tide ain't to big. I will have a chat with Andy and see what he thinks will let you know what we decide, catch up with you soon..... PADDY
Pagham fishes it`s best on higher building tides,Aldwick better on a smaller tide than Pagham but not great,the winds changing at the week end and getting colder so might be worth a poke,i`ll try and hook up with you soon,maybe down your end as it`s been a while......Alan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts